F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

1 minute ago, josie said:

We didn’t come across any fires in Yellowstone this time but there were a lot just outside of Big Sky 

i know that they’re a part of the natural process but they’re still mighty unsettling, especially when you think about California. Some of those fires’ smoke was hanging pretty heavily in SLC. Woke up one morning and the mountains we could clearly see from them window the night before were completely gone. 

C23832CB-6EEF-430C-8F2B-59CF2FB3A632.jpeg

Wow... we went thru this past june and they hadnt happened.  Saw one Moose and two Grizzly bears but didnt really get any pics worth showing.  My wife missed both and was very disappointed. She still hasnt seen a Moose ?

1 hour ago, josie said:

Glacier NP and Banff in Alberta (lake louise, the moraines) are my two big must-do's. I'd love to do some low level climbing or bouldering in one of those places too- there are more and more via ferrata routes (they were just putting some in around Jackson when we were there), and I'd love to try one.  

One of my former professors lives out fifteen minutes from one of the entries to Glacier part of the year... he's an avid fly fisherman. A couple years ago he offered Dark and I the guest room if we're ever in town. I wish we'd been able to take him up on it then. 

somedayyy

Trip across Canada likely will be our next trip Banff and Vancover area Im dying to see.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, North Buffalo said:

Wow... we went thru this past june and they hadnt happened.  Saw one Moose and two Grizzly bears but didnt really get any pics worth showing.  My wife missed both and was very disappointed. She still hasnt seen a Moose ?

I saw my first moose on this trip! We were wandering around Teton Village and a cow and her calf came across our path... which we happily altered. Never wanna mess with a mama moose. Or any moose. Giant, damage causin' animals. 

No bears yet, though. Our good friend happened to be hiking the Crest Trail in the Tetons while we were there- guess he saw 3 grizzlies total. We saw some bear marked (clawed) trees on one of our hikes in Yellowstone, but not sure if black bear or grizzly. I'd love to see one someday, just not when I'm camping, at night, with my tent getting ripped open haha 

Just now, North Buffalo said:

Trip across Canada likely will be our next trip Banff and Vancover area Im dying to see.

Vancouver area is just plain stunning. I flew into Vancouver and drove the Sea to Sky area up through Squamish to Whistler.

Seriously- some of those peaks were out of some Lord of the Rings fever dream. The glacier melt water was the coolest milky blue color, too. A trip flying into Vancouver or Calgary and going across the mountains to the other city would be on my bucket list for sure. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, josie said:

Now I just wanna share a few shots from our wanders. 

EDEE5EDC-C589-4ED2-8F1E-8996BF3A76DC.jpeg

Yellowstone Falls 

250F7D1E-ED91-4137-B1A5-2E8030A2B86C.jpeg

Stream near geyser basin- old faithful n all that 

5FC8969B-F61E-4537-85FA-E4D1103094B6.jpeg

Jackson Lake

DEA16190-15D5-436E-89DD-1821B882AC5C.jpeg

Moose Ponds on a trail in the Tetons 

4A69BC87-C5E0-4F66-AAFA-12979957CD18.jpeg

Our little crew in front of the Tetons 

3DE913A4-95DC-47A9-B0BB-DB7E135B7A55.jpeg

Some amazing looking trees in the Mammoth Hot Springs 

The American west is just...something else. Absolutely jaw dropping stuff at every turn.

• Like (+1) 1

Some good friends of mine have been going through a super-stressful period trying to simultaneously sell their home, purchase a new home, move, and get ready for a baby that is due next week.  While things were hairy for a bit with the home purchase, everything finally came together and I've been helping them move into their gorgeous new house in the mountains the past few days.  I'm definitely jealous, but I'm so happy for them that everything is working out.

And amen to what dark said.  I'm glad a friend convinced me to re-subscribe to NHL.TV this season.  ?

Edited by biodork

Bump ...

IT'S FRIDAY!! (I am pretty sure, anyway) ...

IT'S STILL SNOWING!!

I am at my office ... my commute is walking to my office in a nicely appointed basement, which is mostly at ground level.  Windows open for air and I do not have to step out of doors.  Lots of coffee and cholcolate in stock.  I am so good to go it isn't even funny.

Oh, yeah ... I kind of lost track, but this should be the end of week 6 ... and counting ... 

Fantastic, indeed.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Bump ...

IT'S FRIDAY!! (I am pretty sure, anyway) ...

IT'S STILL SNOWING!!

I am at my office ... my commute is walking to my office in a nicely appointed basement, which is mostly at ground level.  Windows open for air and I do not have to step out of doors.  Lots of coffee and cholcolate in stock.  I am so good to go it isn't even funny.

Oh, yeah ... I kind of lost track, but this should be the end of week 6 ... and counting ... 

Fantastic, indeed.

I am pretty jealous right now that it's snowing by you. sometimes i miss having a lot of snow. I haven't lived in the snow belt in almost 15 years and everytime i see that there is a storm, i sort of miss being hunkered down in the house, watching movies and drinking bourbon. It snowed on and off here for about 4 hours yesterday but nothing stuck and it doesn't even look like it snowed. 

decided to work a half day today and can't wait to leave. I have a big meeting at noon, but afterwards, I'm out. Then I am only working two days next week and then a 5 day weekend off with family that i haven't seen in a while.

Edited by Marions Piazza

Just now, Weave said:

Home after 3 days in Baltimore.  Had to drive because I was bringing equipment with me.  That’s about as long a drive as I care to take solo.  Very glad to not have to drive anywhere for a couple of days.

One time we were flying back on a family vacation, and got delayed in Baltimore on a layover. We waited in the airport until the flight was canceled...at 11pm. We started the drive home to WNY at 12:30am. That was an...unpleasant night.