F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

In 24 hours Josie and I will be on a flight to Salt Lake City where we're meeting up with some friends and doing a weeklong tour of Utah, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. It's our first vacation since 2013 and I'm going to have a hard time containing my excitement when the wheels touch down tomorrow afternoon in the beautiful state of Utah. 

I'm gonna eat, drink, and be merry as f*ck. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, darksabre said:

In 24 hours Josie and I will be on a flight to Salt Lake City where we're meeting up with some friends and doing a weeklong tour of Utah, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. It's our first vacation since 2013 and I'm going to have a hard time containing my excitement when the wheels touch down tomorrow afternoon in the beautiful state of Utah. 

I'm gonna eat, drink, and be merry as f*ck. 

You'd better BYO for the initial part of the trip.  But that sounds beautiful.

Edited by Eleven

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

You'd better BYO for the initial part of the trip.  But that sounds beautiful.

One of my good friends just moved from Corvallis, OR to Logan, UT and this is his biggest complaint. Weak, sh!tty pilsners. His friends and family are sending him beer care packages now. Hopefully I'll get to see him this weekend and we can all b!tch about Mormon drinking sensibilities. Especially since it'll be Sunday and hte state will practically shut down. 

God I am SO ready to get out of here- my brain is just fluffy useless static today. I hit so many freelance goals in the last 10 days and I pretty much burned out all my fuel. Here's hoping we make our super tight layover in Detroit tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

I still thitnk I'm going to be single by Monday and I still don't know whether the Thursday or Friday thread is more appropriate!

Also, there's gotta be a way to automatically open these things in the morning.  It shouldn't be on the mods.

Well, we'll assume congrats are in orderin this thread and put the commiseration in the random thread if necessary.

And if Monday plays out as expected, it's track 3 of Desolation Angels that is appropriate for the occassion. ;)

Enjoy the trip @josie and @darksabre

My in-laws are on a 3 month cross country trip right now. They are in between houses while their new one is built. Currently they are blowing up my Snapchat with hiking photos from the Arches in Utah. They’ll hit Bryce and Zion before heading down to Arizona. Bryce is my favorite park that I’ve ever visited, and some of those big hikes in Zion are on my bucket list. 

Needless to say, I’m jealous of them and of you guys ? My wife and I will be joining them in Sedona next month. Looking forward to that vacation, at least! We’re going to fly out of Vegas and hit the Grand Canyon and Hoover dam on our drive up. Two places my wife has never seen. And two places I’m eager to see again. 

Ps: I’m curious all the places you’re visiting. If this thread closes, update us in the Awesome thread about your itinerary!

1 hour ago, EichSnipe said:

Enjoy the trip @josie and @darksabre

My in-laws are on a 3 month cross country trip right now. They are in between houses while their new one is built. Currently they are blowing up my Snapchat with hiking photos from the Arches in Utah. They’ll hit Bryce and Zion before heading down to Arizona. Bryce is my favorite park that I’ve ever visited, and some of those big hikes in Zion are on my bucket list. 

Needless to say, I’m jealous of them and of you guys ? My wife and I will be joining them in Sedona next month. Looking forward to that vacation, at least! We’re going to fly out of Vegas and hit the Grand Canyon and Hoover dam on our drive up. Two places my wife has never seen. And two places I’m eager to see again. 

Ps: I’m curious all the places you’re visiting. If this thread closes, update us in the Awesome thread about your itinerary!

I loved Bryce and Zion. Went there as a kid. Bryce Canyon is better than the Grand Canyon. Just sayin. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/8/2018 at 12:34 AM, darksabre said:

I loved Bryce and Zion. Went there as a kid. Bryce Canyon is better than the Grand Canyon. Just sayin. 

You can drop you camera and still take a good picture in Bryce... fin awesome.

Also everyone needs to take a trip to Galcier Nation Park in the late spring before the road is open at the top of the Highway to the sun... spectacular,  even the the drive up the big valley was something.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Also everyone needs to take a trip to Galcier Nation Park in the late spring before the road is open at the top of the Highway to the sun... spectacular,  even the the drive up the big valley was something.

Josie and I want to do Glacier real bad, so this is good to know.

22 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Glacier NP and Banff in Alberta (lake louise, the moraines) are my two big must-do's. I'd love to do some low level climbing or bouldering in one of those places too- there are more and more via ferrata routes (they were just putting some in around Jackson when we were there), and I'd love to try one.  

One of my former professors lives out fifteen minutes from one of the entries to Glacier part of the year... he's an avid fly fisherman. A couple years ago he offered Dark and I the guest room if we're ever in town. I wish we'd been able to take him up on it then. 

somedayyy

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Josie and I want to do Glacier real bad, so this is good to know.

i-HTDG8Jx-338x450.jpg

PS There is an old Lodge at the top of Lake McDonald that awesome which is at the base of the Highway to The Sun.  Restaurant was excellent, had a Bison Burger that was to die for.  We camped at campsite at base of Lake, also very nice.  There are lodges there too for rent and boat rentals. Gotta do it.  

i-JXvtckQ-600x450.jpg

Gotta bring your bikes.

• Like (+1) 1

God. How beautiful.

I want a trip with just Dark where we do things like go kayaking or a bit of climbing or a hard hike. I've only ever been on family vacations (my family is not the sort to ever do that stuff) or with friends who aren't interested in it. If I can find beauty kayaking some place like the Genesee River, imagine what you'd experience out in a place like that. 

Edited by josie
  • Like (+1) 2

PS for Kayaking beauty I recommend a place little closer to home, Just North of Parry Sound Ont on the Georgian Bay in the 30,000 Islands.  Water out there still clean you can stick your face in and drink. Late July and August are the best.  Gotta check out the McCoy Islands, the Mink Islands and the open water side of Franklin Island and its little side Islands with small secluded beaches.

IMG_0370

Edited by North Buffalo

Now I just wanna share a few shots from our wanders. 

EDEE5EDC-C589-4ED2-8F1E-8996BF3A76DC.jpeg

Yellowstone Falls 

250F7D1E-ED91-4137-B1A5-2E8030A2B86C.jpeg

Stream near geyser basin- old faithful n all that 

5FC8969B-F61E-4537-85FA-E4D1103094B6.jpeg

Jackson Lake

DEA16190-15D5-436E-89DD-1821B882AC5C.jpeg

Moose Ponds on a trail in the Tetons 

4A69BC87-C5E0-4F66-AAFA-12979957CD18.jpeg

Our little crew in front of the Tetons 

3DE913A4-95DC-47A9-B0BB-DB7E135B7A55.jpeg

Some amazing looking trees in the Mammoth Hot Springs 

Edited by josie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Is that post yellowstone fire this year... yikes... but beautiful too

Ps stood in same spot Dark is standing neat.

We didn’t come across any fires in Yellowstone this time but there were a lot just outside of Big Sky 

i know that they’re a part of the natural process but they’re still mighty unsettling, especially when you think about California. Some of those fires’ smoke was hanging pretty heavily in SLC. Woke up one morning and the mountains we could clearly see from them window the night before were completely gone. 

C23832CB-6EEF-430C-8F2B-59CF2FB3A632.jpeg

Edited by josie
  • Sad 1