F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Slayer tonight ⚰️??

I think I may be out.  My son is looking for someone to give my ticket to.  If he can't move it, I'll make a last minute decision.

My sutures are still bleeding and I am still icing my face once an hour.

7 minutes ago, Weave said:

I think I may be out.  My son is looking for someone to give my ticket to.  If he can't move it, I'll make a last minute decision.

I am sorry to hear that dude. 

6 hours ago, Weave said:

I don't know, man. That sounds pretty metal to me. Just smiling a bloody smile at strangers all night at a Slayer concert...yeah! Metal!

Performance Evaluations! Yaaay! 

Ok so writing these things sucks, but unless my company is planning on screwing us over, I'll be getting my raise in a couple months. So I got that going for me...which is nice.

Got out of work a little early to get ready for beach week. We’ve got a beach house in Dewey Beach. Third year in a row in Delaware. Second year in a row at a private community. Really worth the extra to have a private beach. 

Loaded the motorcycle in the truck for the first time. The new ramp was sturdy and loading was a breeze. I’ve got everything set except for packing clothes but I’m going to the beach. I don’t think I’ll need much.

I’m tempted to take advantage of the no helmet law in Delaware. I may ride around in only my swimsuit!

I’m so pumped that I’m not even going to care that I’m eating leftovers on a Friday night.

Bump ...

Man, no activity in this thread since August 3rd.  What gives?

+++++

After Friday Prayers today we will praying the Funeral Prayers (Janazah) for my friend.  I hope that I will be able to keep it together.  I must be still in shock, as I have not had a good cry yet.  The dam has to burst at some point.

1 minute ago, Samson's Flow said:

Corporate America has it's perks. (Consider this the antithesis of some of the Complaint Thursday posts)

Just got the email that my whole department has early dismissal at 1pm today in anticipation of the Labor Day weekend. That's basically a free 4 day weekend!

Completely forgot I get early dismissal at 3pm on holiday weekends. You just made my day ?

3 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Corporate America has it's perks. (Consider this the antithesis of some of the Complaint Thursday posts)

Just got the email that my whole department has early dismissal at 1pm today in anticipation of the Labor Day weekend. That's basically a free 4 day weekend!

We have a mandatory company party at the bosses' home. I've heard you can leave early but we're supposed to be there till 1-5.... 

I mean, I like most of my coworkers, I like free food and beer... but I really am stressing about getting home and working on my freelance glut. Dark wants to go to Southern Tier to see our friend's band play tonight, and I do too, but it looks like it's going to turn into an overnight thing. Too bad I can't work in the car haha 

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

That is an awesome weekend

Except for the part about being surrounded by people from Boston... but hey, you've gotta do what you've gotta do

Edit: And on top of that, one of the oddities of Fenway is that so many of the seats don't actually face the game.  But with the stage in centerfield, my seats will actually face the perfect direction for the first time ever!

Edited by shrader
  • Like (+1) 1

'Early dismissal'?

Reminds me of grade school ... (winkie ... winkie)

+++++

I survived the funeral prayers for my friend.  It was very good actually.  I got a bit teary when I was saying my own personal prayers afterwards, but a good friend came over and gve me a big hug.

My wife suggested that I have fish for lunch as a tribute to my friend (we ate fish together every Friday when he was in Halifax) and it is good for you and I love it.  It was kind of strange, but it worked out well.

All in all a good Friday, so far.

• Like (+1) 3