F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

I now have a registered kayak trailer. That means tomorrow at dawn I’ll be on the water chasing fish with it.

Envious, I just have a haul trailer too short for a fishing Kayak.. have fun!

Son just graduated from middle school time to find him a j o b..

This week we had playoffs for both of my beach volleyball leagues, and glad to say my team took home the league title in both the co-ed and men's divisions. Now we have to decide when to use the the $50 bar tab that is the prize for each league win ($100 total).

My liver says that I can't survive one night using up both tabs (dive bar = cheap drinks) but younger me says to give it a whirl :flirt:

This week we had playoffs for both of my beach volleyball leagues, and glad to say my team took home the league title in both the co-ed and men's divisions. Now we have to decide when to use the the $50 bar tab that is the prize for each league win ($100 total).

My liver says that I can't survive one night using up both tabs (dive bar = cheap drinks) but younger me says to give it a whirl :flirt:

Duuuude! Love bar league beach volleyball! Had a league in a bar right on the lake about a dozen years ago. Drink our faces off, spike some balls in the sand then go inside and sing karaoke. But we never won the league. Congrats, sir.

Two weeks ago one of the orientation leaders here was in a car accident and suffered brain trauma, putting her in a coma. Well, she woke up, and despite being a little wobbly on her feet, shows no signs of long-term damage.

Wow. Great news for her.

Have to work a bunch more tonight (election season rolling in, got a lot of work to do for a client), but tomorrow I'll be performing at Riverworks for their White Party (like white club clothes and music, not kkk sh!t yo). I doubt anyone here would go to that kinda thing, but if you happen by, look up and say hi. Hoping to do more gigs around Buffalo in the future- I'm pretty solidly on the troupe team now, awkwardness be damned. 

• Like (+1) 1

The boyfriend is flying in tomorrow for a visit and then I've got a 3 day work week before my mom arrives next Friday morning for a long weekend.  Also heard back about one of the jobs I applied to last week and am waiting to see if I make it to the second round, so fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Looks like a former client has a new project coming up that I'll be involved in.  Really good guy to work with.  And timing will be about perfect around some other projects.

I hear ya.

Recently, I lost my biggest client.  Stuff happens.  He said when he hired me that he likes to switch his accountants every 5 years.  That was 9 years ago.

Even more recently I have added new projects with new clients and even some that were clients years ago and just drifted away.  They always seem to drift back at the first sign of trouble with the tax man and woman.

1 minute ago, N S said:

I hear ya.

Recently, I lost my biggest client.  Stuff happens.  He said when he hired me that he likes to switch his accountants every 5 years.  That was 9 years ago.

Even more recently I have added new projects with new clients and even some that were clients years ago and just drifted away.  They always seem to drift back at the first sign of trouble with the tax man and woman.

Says you're doing something right if he stayed nearly twice as long as he planned.  Wouldn't be at all surprised to see you reporting back in ~2 years that he's back again.

Glad you're doing a good job of backfilling the billable hours.

• Like (+1) 1