F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

• 3 weeks later...

Kids done with school this afternoon, we're heading to Massachusetts to visit my wife's family for xmas, then chilling out upstate for about 10 days while they are off school...and my son got into college last week so that process (which has gotten really complicated and labor-intensive) is over and we can relax over the break.

Fantastic.

Well, the gubment kicked the can down the road another few weeks so it looks like I'll get paid next Friday. I'm glad they found the time for both sides to temporarily stop their pissing contest long enough to agree that not paying millions of people over the holidays would have been pad PR.

Kids done with school this afternoon, we're heading to Massachusetts to visit my wife's family for xmas, then chilling out upstate for about 10 days while they are off school...and my son got into college last week so that process (which has gotten really complicated and labor-intensive) is over and we can relax over the break.

Fantastic.

Congrats!!! My youngest graduated in May. I remember the visits and tours with him. I'm assuming that's your oldest. It won't get any less complicated for the others 

Completed my last day of being On Call for work. Halleluja 

Edited by JSBeersson

Fantastic.

Congrats to your son!

Today is the last day I will have to work until Jan. 2.

Ditto... I'm headed back East to spend next week with my dad and stepmom, and it looks like I'll have time to catch up with two other friends from home while I'm there.  I feel a little guilty knowing how much work there is to be done, but holy cow do I ever need the break.

I shall be in Rally (RJ pronunciation) for the game tomorrow night. Looking forward to a place near NC State that serves tofu infant. I guess you can't tell the difference, because it's the sauce made from baby blood that gives it that signature taste. Almost 70 tomorrow there.

Slight allergy to slamming into the ground at 500 mph rules out flying (say it in commercial ref voice) so I'm driving. Should be fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I made a post last week on social media about mayybe getting into the wedding business and have received 7 requests already. Working on the first one today. Never thought I'd go this route, but I like making people happy and, hey, there's money in that banana stand. 

So it is true. Great.

Yes it's true. I'm very happy.

I made a post last week on social media about mayybe getting into the wedding business and have received 7 requests already. Working on the first one today. Never thought I'd go this route, but I like making people happy and, hey, there's money in that banana stand.

See you got this!

Maybe my naivety is showing, but how exactly would you be using your talents for weddings? Are we talking custom wedding invites/save the dates or something else entirely.

Either way, glad to hear you've found a potentially high demand area for your work :thumbsup: 

Bump.

Liger is a kept man. Bills are in the playoffs. Georgia playing for the national championship.

Congrats to both of you :beer:

This is fantastic, indeed.

Maybe my naivety is showing, but how exactly would you be using your talents for weddings? Are we talking custom wedding invites/save the dates or something else entirely.

Either way, glad to hear you've found a potentially high demand area for your work :thumbsup:

Yup, you got it. Keeping it simple to start, just files. Simple illustrations for the SavetheDates. Simple illustrated maps (reception/ceremony locations). Bridal party who's who program stuff, table "numbers" (sit at table 6, or groom's favorite movie- illustration)... 

Essentially 3 templates to choose from- from simple portrait illustration to full on realistic painting, prices pre-determined with a la carte for additions (add your pet, add a scene, add a certain flower, etc). This way I don't get slammed against the wall by a bridezilla nightmare customization scenario. You get your portraits, names/info swapped in, colors swapped. That's it. You get what you pay for unless you wanna pay more more more. I'll gladly take your money, but I want to offer this as a boon to the cash strapped couple. This industry is absolutely insane- most people I know getting married now are doing it on a tight budget, but still want something nice. 

I've done some looking. The rustic barn loopy cursive text fad has to die soon. There's not a lot of custom illustration out there, and what there is, I think I can do better. 

Edited by ABBA_älskare_69

Yup, you got it. Keeping it simple to start, just files. Simple illustrations for the SavetheDates. Simple illustrated maps (reception/ceremony locations). Bridal party who's who program stuff, table "numbers" (sit at table 6, or groom's favorite movie- illustration)... 

Essentially 3 templates to choose from- from simple portrait illustration to full on realistic painting, prices pre-determined with a la carte for additions (add your pet, add a scene, add a certain flower, etc). This way I don't get slammed against the wall by a bridezilla nightmare customization scenario. You get your portraits, names/info swapped in, colors swapped. That's it. You get what you pay for unless you wanna pay more more more. I'll gladly take your money, but I want to offer this as a boon to the cash strapped couple. This industry is absolutely insane- most people I know getting married now are doing it on a tight budget, but still want something nice. 

I've done some looking. The rustic barn loopy cursive text fad has to die soon. There's not a lot of custom illustration out there, and what there is, I think I can do better. 

Excellent - sounds good. The Wedding industry is certainly one where even normal couples seem to go hog-wild with the expenses to make that special day.

Do you have a specific link or information site you can point to? I have some twenty something friends that are getting married soon that might be interested in something like that. :flirt:

Excellent - sounds good. The Wedding industry is certainly one where even normal couples seem to go hog-wild with the expenses to make that special day.

Do you have a specific link or information site you can point to? I have some twenty something friends that are getting married soon that might be interested in something like that. :flirt:

I don't yet! It might be a bit before I have that sorted out. Testing the template idea with valentines day stuff in the next few days first. I'm hoping to have it fleshed out next month- and I'm working on "guinea pig" jobs right now. 

But if they have anything specific in mind, feel free to toss me their way! My website doesn't have a lot of wedding friendly examples right now, but it's proof I can draw! It's in my signature below.