[Game Day] Sabres @ Thrashers 7:00PM

SabresBeat

I think people prefer to just say that from October 5-March 16 were a fluke, and that this is the real Sabres that we have seen in the last 2 games. :lol:

I remember people posting the same type of things in every slump, and then disappear as soon as the team starts winning.

Agreed so many people will jump on you because you team is in a mini slump... even ottawa has had a slump or two... I think we've been spoiled a little bit this past few months... time to wake up.

Agreed so many people will jump on you because you team is in a mini slump... even ottawa has had a slump or two... I think we've been spoiled a little bit this past few months... time to wake up.

Ya, its a tough stretch and there is going to be highs and lows, espically with a young team like this

I agree that you have to be careful of going nuts over 2 bad games, but at the same time you can't just sluff it off either. I think the most troubling thing right now, as someone else said, is not the fact that we're losing, but how we're losing....not much desire or intensity out there, and 8 shots on goal...that's an alarming stat

I think people prefer to just say that from October 5-March 16 were a fluke, and that this is the real Sabres that we have seen in the last 2 games. :lol:

I remember people posting the same type of things in every slump, and then disappear as soon as the team starts winning.

Looks like I'm the only one left watching...I haven't given up on them for one game yet this year...no reason to start now.

I think most of the rest of the posters are just making sure the knife cabinets get locked up during the intermission, just in case. ;)

As ugly as this one is, they get to come home for the next 2 and then go to Boston which has been almost as good as home this year. Take 2 of those 3, and get 3 out of 4 the following week, and all will be good in Sabreland again.

I'm thinking they are due for their 1st win against Carolina this Wednesday.

Well since everyone is apparently watching law and order, I will use this chance to rant...I am so sick of the "new" NHL officiating....the referees do everything they possibly can to stop physical play...hitting and fighting are part of hockey, and it really pisses me off when you see what happened to Peters...he barely touched somebody and they give him 2 for roughing, 2 for somethin else, and a 10 minute misconduct....FOR WHAT?? That is a complete disgrace. Anyone else agree?

So basically Campbell and Bettman and the NHL are encouraging just going and attacking someone....he only would have gotten a few more PIMs anyway, so why not? its better than getting all that just for talking

Wasn't that a little bit of an excessive call on Peters? Where is the call on Mellanby for taking a hack at him?

I don't think it was excessive at all. The hit on Mellanby was gratuitous and was obviously calculated to start a fight; Mellanby's reaction was pretty tame considering the circumstances.

The first penalty (holding) was simple rough stuff; the second was the dumbest thing I've seen a Sabre do in a long time. Why Paille isn't with the team right now is a mystery to me.

I don't think it was excessive at all. The hit on Mellanby was gratuitous and was obviously calculated to start a fight; Mellanby's reaction was pretty tame considering the circumstances.

The first penalty (holding) was simple rough stuff; the second was the dumbest thing I've seen a Sabre do in a long time. Why Paille isn't with the team right now is a mystery to me.

I must have missed the second thing. While I haven't given up, and am still watching the game, I must admit, I am not giving it anywhere near my full attention.

I don't see anything wrong with what Peters did....the dumbest thing you've seen in a long time??? Get a tape of the Ottawa game or the first 2 periods of this one, and watch every defenseman on our team...that's the dumbest I have seen in a long time

I wouldn't be all that worried except for Briere's comments after the Ottawa game about lockerroom "issues" that have to be resolved before the playoffs. It's almost like he was waiting to say that, and couldn't, obviously, say it when the team was winning. I don't know, I'm probably nuts.

A couple of losses could work in the Sabres' favor if it takes the conference and division out of play. Let Ottawa and Carolina wear themselves out reaching for the wrong brass ring. Maybe we can chill out, bide our time and even rest a few guys here and there... and most important of all, get back to basics and get our heads in the right place.

I urge calm. Alexander Haig is in charge at the White House. :)

I don't see anything wrong with what Peters did....the dumbest thing you've seen in a long time??? Get a tape of the Ottawa game or the first 2 periods of this one, and watch every defenseman on our team...that's the dumbest I have seen in a long time

I missed that. Heard it was horrible.

I wouldn't be all that worried except for Briere's comments after the Ottawa game about lockerroom "issues" that have to be resolved before the playoffs. It's almost like he was waiting to say that, and couldn't, obviously, say it when the team was winning. I don't know, I'm probably nuts.

THAT worries me more than losing 2 straight....IF we lose this one ;)

See this is what I am talking about...Kotalik just got hammered...he is one of our skill guys...so why not run Kovalchuk? This team is scared to play tough!

i'm glad I took my kids swimming tonight instead of settin' up shop in front of the TV. It's 5-0? I'm not surprised, they are in the early stages of a slump. Look for losses against Ottawa and Carolina this week, too. After that, then we'll see what they're made of. Do they roar back or crumble. Young team.....

Yes, and they'll get Hecht and Connolly and Ruff back in that month. I wonder if this game would be different with Lindy behind the bench.

That's what I was thinking about too, but certainly there is enough leadership on that team to handle things and get the team focused enough for a better effort than a 5-0 loss.....right?

I think I was abducted by aliens. It was 7 o'clock just a few minutes ago, and now it's 9:30. What game?

You gotta love Jeanneret. He's calling the last minute of a 5-0 loss on the road like it's overtime in the seventh game of the finals. The man is priceless.

Actually, that is how I looked at closing time at brick bar.

Are you saying? ........play theme from 'Crying Game'..........

The worst thing about this loss is that the Sabres are only 9 points ahead of 5th place with only 1 game in hand. Oh lordy be, oh lordy be.

I don't care about 1st overall. I just want to know when the playoff tickets go on sale so I can take the day off and and be at the Arena when it opens.

Well since everyone is apparently watching law and order, I will use this chance to rant...I am so sick of the "new" NHL officiating....the referees do everything they possibly can to stop physical play...hitting and fighting are part of hockey, and it really pisses me off when you see what happened to Peters...he barely touched somebody and they give him 2 for roughing, 2 for somethin else, and a 10 minute misconduct....FOR WHAT?? That is a complete disgrace. Anyone else agree?

So basically Campbell and Bettman and the NHL are encouraging just going and attacking someone....he only would have gotten a few more PIMs anyway, so why not? its better than getting all that just for talking

I agree.

I also want to know why Boulton won't fight. What, does he think he's a hockey player now?

Why Paille isn't with the team right now is a mystery to me.

I agree. Possibly Novotny, too. Are the Amerks officially out of the playoffs, yet? I also think Vanek needs to work with either Drury or possibly Briere.

I think Timmy and Jochen have become two of the best players on the team. Pyatt and Peters are a major step down as their replacements.

-Another zero effort game. Not a good sign. Who took away my Sabres and replaced them with these Zombies. :angry:

-For all the asst. coaches did in Lindy's absence, they might as well have setup a cardboard cutout of Lindy. For the second night in a row, the offense was pitiful. Did they even consider changing up the forward lines even a little bit.

-Why is Pyatt on a line with Briere and Dumont?

-I would make a statement to these guys on Wednesday. I would call up Paille and Novotny and sit Peters and either Pyatt or Vanek(If Connolly is ready, sit all three of them) for a game.

-On top of all the same problems the Sabres had in Ottawa, add bad goaltending to last nights game.

-Have the Sabres forgotten how to make a body check. Did anyone see the lame "Carubba Collision of the Game"? It was Tallinder getting away with a penalty as he sent a guy flying into the board by tripping him up.

-They have home games(Carolina & Ottawa) against two teams ahead of them in the standings. They need to snap out of this funk and be ready to play.

GO SABRES!!!