Empire Sports Network

Guest Disgusted

I hope that this does not mean the end for my beloved play-by-play man Rick and our own color guy Jim!!

Please, don't even mention NYR bum John Davidson to do the games. That guy is awful!! Someone here has to agree right?

Guest JimBasquil

Hey morons. RJ and Lorentz aren't employed by Empire and never were. They're Sabres employees, which is how they would be on WGR and Empire at the same time this season (if there was one). They would be the broadcasters if the Spice Channel picked up the Sabres games. Davidson is a Rangers employee. That's how it works team by team.

I hope Jeanneret will want to return - he's been through so much and adds so much energy. But I wonder what kind of post-game show MSG will give the Sabres. I doubt there will be anything like Hockey Hotline since MSG never does anything major for their Rangers' games. All the more reason for anyone to make sure they get Center Ice package when the NHL gets its act together and starts up again.

As for satisfying hockey fixes, I'm realizing how lukcy I am to have countless games on tape from past seasons. I always records them thinking I'd watch them again and then never find the time. With no season, there's ton of empty time. I was watching LaFontaine's debut tonight and another game when he wore the face-mask to protect his jaw while flying around the ice with Mogilny, Hawerchuk and Andreychuk. Say what you want about the lack of playoff success but those were definitely some exciting years to watch the offense of the game.

Archived