Around the NHL 2011-2012

spndnchz

Can't we trade Morrison, Kotalik, Hecht, Pominville, and a pick or two for Carter and Nash?

A pick or TWO?!? I see no reason to overpay like that! ;)

Seriously, since we all know those guys are going nowhere, is there ANYTHING there? About all I would want is their lottery pick next season and you're not going to get that for Brad Boyes and/or Kotalik.

A pick or TWO?!? I see no reason to overpay like that! ;)

Seriously, since we all know those guys are going nowhere, is there ANYTHING there? About all I would want is their lottery pick next season and you're not going to get that for Brad Boyes and/or Kotalik.

In all seriousness, I wonder if we could get them to take Kotalik for a conditional pick or maybe a bag of pucks? Helps us get under the cap and they have depth to replace Huselius for the time he's out.

It's French Connection Day!

7-14-11

You just sent that to WGR didn't you? Their talking about that now. As well as the Worst dressed thread. There is no doubt now that they all read this site. :thumbsup:

Offseason winners in the hockey news....

Buffalo at #4

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/41326-THNcom-Top-10-Offseason-winners.html

4. Sabres

The Sabres received enough of a boost this past season when new team owner Terry Pegula assumed control of the organization. And Pegula put a lot of his money where his Sabres-loving mouth is this summer, ponying up for D-man Christian Ehrhoff, outbidding numerous teams for left winger Ville Leino and adding rugged blueliner Robyn Regehr from Calgary. If the Sabres don’t challenge Boston for the Northeast Division title, it won’t be because they don’t have the players.

Portland Pirates moving on with Coyotes

http://www.pressherald.com/sports/meeting-and-greeting-the-new-guys-in-town_2011-07-15.html

"It ended with a workman removing the banner of the Buffalo Sabres from the rafters of the Cumberland County Civic Center and hanging the banner of the Portland Pirates' new NHL parent in its place."

I would like to be there to see him put the entire wedding party off-sides.

Or, right before he gets to the alter he'll curl around and cough up the ring.

I feel bad for Elena Dementieva, we all know Max has trouble finishing his scoring chances.

Archived