Robyn Regehr, Kotalik and 2nd round pick (2012) to Sabres

SpikeGelato

They could EASILY trade next years second rounder. If the flames are that desperate to clear cap space, i don't see why not. Connoly is coming off an injury in the playoffs, and his role is clearly different than the Connolly that got the inflated 4.5 mil contract.

So they trade a top tier defenseman and get absolutely nothing in return for him this year? Really, think about that one for a second.

I think he used to run a hotdog stand at Mickey Rat's back in the day.

Lake or City Bar? Ah the flashbacks.

EDIT: Hedgehog beat me to it. BTW, You shook me all night long by AC/DC just came on. Free shots at the bar?

Who the heck goes the other way, I think at least a 3rd rounder is now gone and I am wondering if morrisonn or sekera or (tc please let it be him) is gone. TELLL US WHOS OUT!!! OR ACCEPT REGEHR AND COME WIN A CUP!

Tim Connolly is a UFA. He is no longer ours to trade. Calgary can simply sign him on July 1.

Methinks the folks are getting a bit overstimulated in here. NAP TIME !!! :P

Some guy who has been wrong a lot but right a lot too... "Fat Frank" i think people call him, says Luke Adam and first. Let's see his credibility...

Darcy would simply need to be hung from the flagpole at city hall if this is true. I do like the idea of acquiring Regehr - he is what they need. My guess is Butler plus a pick, but not a one.

Tim Connolly is a UFA. He is no longer ours to trade. Calgary can simply sign him on July 1.

We still own his rights though, no? I know it's not the most popular course of action but that's what Philly did for Bryz.

Or time to bump uglies. Works best for overstimulation.

Agree, crap is flying everywhere. I'm jumping in a trench till the smoke clears.

We still own his rights though, no? I know it's not the most popular course of action but that's what Philly did for Bryz.

Yes, he can be traded right up until the clock strikes midnight (or whatever hour the contract officially expires).

If ....and that is a big IF True.....it is a great deal.

Maybe. Weber has 15 seasons ahead of him and based on his play last year (which I agree isn't always indicative of what the future will bring) I think he will pan out to be better than Regehr. Weber plays physical, losing him for 2-3 years of Regehr, on the wrong side of his prime, doesn't seem like the smartest move.

I still think Sekera + a pick makes the most sense. A later pick, 4th or 5th.

why would we trade WEBER, no! If thats the deal I am angry again and the TC thing was from a Ecklunds pals so I thought it was BS. Also NO, WEBER IS awesome and younger and AWesome, grrrerrrrrrrrrrrr

Trade shakira or butler or anyone but Myers, Weber, MAG

I always get a good laugh out of your mancrush on Weber. He's a solid young defenseman, but I can't see him as a make or break player for this team. He'll be a good role player but I don't see him ever moving above the bottom 3 slots on the blue line.

Maybe. Weber has 15 seasons ahead of him and based on his play last year (which I agree isn't always indicative of what the future will bring) I think he will pan out to be better than Regehr. Weber plays physical, losing him for 2-3 years of Regehr, on the wrong side of his prime, doesn't seem like the smartest move.

I think you have too low of an opinion of Regehr.

Weber is Regehr but younger so trading him now is stupid when he could post better everything than him as early as next year, if that is the trade fire Regier now because hes a joke and yup... sorry ranted, but I would prefer that Weber stayed on the team.

I agree but I am thinking our 3rd and Sekera and if it goes through we are trading something else to get some picks back... just MY opinion only.

I always get a good laugh out of your mancrush on Weber. He's a solid young defenseman, but I can't see him as a make or break player for this team. He'll be a good role player but I don't see him ever moving above the bottom 3 slots on the blue line.

I think you were talking to KTN, but I like Weber too, and it pretty much solely stems from this:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: I could watch that a hundred times.

Archived