[Game Day] Sabres @ Senators 7:00PM

SabresBeat

Am I biased or are the penalties a bit inconsistent. Roy gets tripped up, and is on the ice with the stick between his legs, no call. Briere hooks Chara a little bit, penalty. I am biased though, so anyone else seeing this?

I agreed until they called Heatley for "hooking"...I thought that was as weak as they come. But they are still inconsistent, I mean with the scrum earlier...Eaves started it and somehow he gets away without a penalty???

I agreed until they called Heatley for "hooking"...I thought that was as weak as they come. But they are still inconsistent, I mean with the scrum earlier...Eaves started it and somehow he gets away without a penalty???

I think they called that because he held him up along the boards too...That's just my guess.

Wow. They could have had the Cirque de Soleil playing in the Ottawa end of the ice to entertain the fans in that end of the arena and the Sabres wouldn't have disrupted the show one bit.

The Sabres looked like men against boys out there. Are they over-matched against a Sens team that is taking them very seriously, or are the Sabres playing scared?

Either way, let's hope a good old fashioned beating is a learning experience for the team, and not a confidence destroyer.

22 shots??? Jesus!

Wow. They could have had the Cirque de Soleil playing in the Ottawa end of the ice to entertain the fans in that end of the arena and the Sabres wouldn't have disrupted the show one bit.

The Sabres looked like men against boys out there. Are they over-matched against a Sens team that is taking them very seriously, or are the Sabres playing scared?

Either way, let's hope a good old fashioned beating is a learning experience for the team, and not a confidence destroyer.

This game isn't over yet

One of the reasons we have so many shots against us is our defense keeps getting caught pinching and Ottawa in turn keeps getting odd man rushes....funny that our defense keeps getting caught pinching considering we had 5 shots on goal...it's obviously not helping

Ruff will be giving everyone a good talkin to. I guarentee we get it together in this game, we come alive in the 2nd and 3rd periods

Early selfish penalty on Chris Drury for slashing kind of set the tone for this one. Too bad.

Goodfella, yeah they typically come alive in the second and third period, but how will they play in the playoffs? Maybe this IS a new NHL, but historically comebacks are pretty rare in the postseason.

Plenty of time left... if they come back from THIS 2-0 deficit on the road, I will be impressed. :)