[Game Day] Sabres @ Senators 7:00PM

SabresBeat

That was a great PP. One that just gave you the feeling they were going to score the whole time.

I didn't have that feeling. I was wondering if they were ever gonna SHOOT THE PUCK.

I believe Roy has been our best skater tonite....

I hope Peters gets Neil to go, because I wanna see Neil get pummeled into the ice, I hate that guy

...umm complete bonehead penalty by campbell...what is he thinking

Speaking of... Dumont almost blew it. WTF was he thinking jumping in like that????

Nice to see Miller back to form.

Roy played the best of the Sabres skaters. Actually had a decnet game I thought.

Kalinin did well for the most part, except not husdtling on that one goal.

Briere played well, but again, waiting on the puck that one play led to a goal.

Should NEVER have gotten beat for that ENG, but was par for the game, with their legs in cement for a lot of it.

Once again, Sabres just can't put 60 minutes together.

Nice effort to make it a game in the end but there is no way they could be the Sens in a best of 7 series. Just don't have the overall talent. That being said I think they are a very good team(duh) and can beat nearly every other team in the league in a best of 7 series( not sure about Detroit). Here's hoping that Miller gets his first shutouts of the year when they play Ottawa in the playoffs! :unsure:

Nice effort to make it a game in the end but there is no way they could be the Sens in a best of 7 series. Just don't have the overall talent. That being said I think they are a very good team(duh) and can beat nearly every other team in the league in a best of 7 series( not sure about Detroit). Here's hoping that Miller gets his first shutouts of the year when they play Ottawa in the playoffs! :unsure:

I disagree. They did not show up for the first two periods for some reason. Discounting the empty netter, the Sabres won the third period. They aren't going to blow them away in four games, but that's ok as long as we win the seventh.

The fact that they didn't wilt in the third says a lot about the team...

All in all, not a disaster. The Sabres played what sounded like one of their worst games of the year and still came within a whisker of tying Ottawa on the road. I think that's what the Sabres take from this game, plus the lesson that you can't always come back in the second half of games. That, and Ryan Miller is definitely back. Three games left with the Sens... no sweat.

we didnt play well enough in the first period to win, but i personnaly thought the officiating was otrocious. The fantom diving call they called on Briere still has me scratching my head.

Absolutely agree - the refs were atrocious all around, and even Lorentz was wondering how the Sabres benefited from a couple non-calls. Before the game started, I mentioned to my wife that I hadn't heard of either of the refs in this game, and now I can see why. I wouldn't plan on doing many playoff games if I were those two...

That said, they aren't the reason why we came out with no jump and looked sloppy & disorganized throughout in the first two periods...

Yeah, they really suck, don't they? <_<

PTR

Don't put words in my mouth.

They don't play 60 minutes of hockey, but they've been good enough to win without having to against most teams. This is one game where they had to, and they knew it going in, but STILL didn't. 49 shots against, please don't tell me you think they actually played well, or even remotely to their ability......

Once again, Sabres just can't put 60 minutes together.

This team has 44 wins and 5 "ties" - that's 49 games they've gotten points out of 66 played. That's a whole lot of times putting 60 minutes together. They'd won eight straight coming into this game and had the best record in the NHL since their slow start.

The negative nancy act gets really old when a team has played as hard and as well as this one has this season. It's a long season and they get a mulligan for not having "it" tonight but still being in it all the way to the last shift. They ain't all gonna be pretty.

Once again, I've supported this team all season, and support them as much as i can, and LOVE what they've been able to accomplish. But with all that, I really feel they could still do better than they have been. They've been able to put enough of an effort to win, and that's great. They're winning one goal games that they used to lose. There is no quit in this team. They play hard for each other, MOST of the time.

I can go on and on with all the great things this team is doing this year, and it's fun and awesome and incredible, etc, etc, etc....

But they STILL have not put in a full 60 minutes in MOST games. Tonite they needed at least 40, and couldn't do that. Briere said he was "embarrassed" by the effort, and without actually saying it, Ruff was about ready to bench half the team.

Look at the goals... max lets up on one, Kalinin on another, Briere on another, and the combination of Tallinder/Kotalik on the empty netter. Every one can be attributed to a player being in position to make the play, but STOPPED skating when it count. That is not playing 60 minutes.

This was a battle for #1, not the Penguins. You don't stop skating until the whistle.

All that being said, they know they played awful, so it shouldn't get in their heads too badly. But this game was a confidence boost.... and they failed.

this game was awful. The good news is that every great team has one bad game here or there. The GREAT news is that we play ottawa again in 6 days. That's a lot of time to stew on this lackluster performance. It's not like ottawa beat us 6-0... They outworked us because the sabres were simply not on their game. big difference. go sabres

8 wins in a row including several nail-biters...they were due for a clunker. but i agree that you don't just have a bad game "just because." it is because of fatigue, or something that they did or did not do. even if you say for the sake of discussion that ottowa is a better team, that still does not explain the utter domination of the first 2 periods. those early season blowouts are obviously still in the sabres' heads, and when they came out a step slow, the lack of confidence just snowballed. ah well, the beauty of it is we get another crack at them next week. we'll find out if this whole "team unity" thing is for real if they pull together and play harder next time.

Don't put words in my mouth.

They don't play 60 minutes of hockey, but they've been good enough to win without having to against most teams. This is one game where they had to, and they knew it going in, but STILL didn't. 49 shots against, please don't tell me you think they actually played well, or even remotely to their ability......

Didn't see last night's game, but I know what you mean. I've only noticed it in a few games (e.g. Philly) after the Olympic break, and in virtually no games between mid-November and the break. Here's the thing: most NHL teams don't play 60 minutes of good hockey in a regular season game. The Sabres actually are better than most at playing hard throughout a full game, but I agree that lately it looks like they're taking some time off & getting away with it. As long as it stops come April, I'm ok with it.