[Game Day] Sabres @ Senators 7:00PM

SabresBeat

Rock, I have to give you credit for what you wrote. Like your model on the left, you have balls. Sorry, couldn't resist. But, yeah, your point has some merit. There have been games this year where the Sabres got behind early only to turn it on later in the game to squeak out a win. It's become sort of their modus operandi. Everyone loves it. But that approach is going to be death in the playoffs against good teams.

-In a game as big as this one was, it's somewhat disappointing to see the Sabres get dominated. It's one thing to play a good game and lose. It's a different story when the effort just wasn't there. It looked like men against boys for most of the game.

-I didn't tape the game, but did anybody see Gaustad(I think it was him) get wiped out right next to the Ottawa net with a minute to go. The refs sucked last night.

-Miller was great. The result last night should have been closer to the games in Ottawa earlier this season.

-Kevin Sylvester made a lame comment during the post game show. When showing a replay of the one Sabre goal and commenting on how it was a weak goal by Emery, Sylvester said "Miller would have made that save". Very homer-like.

-Chara is going to command a huge salary as a UFA next year.

-One last note...Did Vanek get benched for the 3rd period or did I just not notice him on the ice?

GO SABRES!!!!

-One last note...Did Vanek get benched for the 3rd period or did I just not notice him on the ice?

GO SABRES!!!!

I didn't see Vanek on the ice after the 3 on 1 while up 5 on 3 that resulted in nothing. I think Lindy was a little pissed about that one, as we all were.

I didn't see Vanek on the ice after the 3 on 1 while up 5 on 3 that resulted in nothing. I think Lindy was a little pissed about that one, as we all were.

I know Vanek is only 22 and hopefully it will sink in sooner than later, but his floating tendencies combined with Lindy who won't tolerate that crap, makes me wonder how Vanek's career in Buffalo will turn out.

The Sabres actually are better than most at playing hard throughout a full game, but I agree that lately it looks like they're taking some time off & getting away with it. As long as it stops come April, I'm ok with it.

That's the point though... IF it stops. They've been winning this way, which gives them that confidence and sense of security. But it puts them in that habit, and that's NOT a good habit to get into.

I expect that this game was a sound wake-up, and we should see the benefits of that this week.

PA, why in the world are still dogging that poor girl? Or are you just wanting to see all the rest of her pics and dont want to ask? :P