Enroth

fiftyone

During the live broadcast it looked like Enroth kicked that rebound out to the high slot, but it was a skater who did it ... I already erased it from the DVR or I'd go back and figure out who it was.

You are right, good call. I just re-watched and as Enroth poked, Butler kicked the puck into the high slot.

Oh, that is a good one! I'm betting at least 90% of our posters have no idea who he is...not that I'm being snobbinsh, just saying. His "America" series is great

I suffered through him in high school. Made me also think about the Ascent of Man which was popular in the late seventies.

to me, they're as different as can be -- hasek's technique was utterly unorthodox; enroth's is textbook.

I don't know. You had that lurching windmilling glove save, he made a save and whirled around with his back to the play, last night with the mask. There's a bit of kookiness there.

Enroth is NHL.COM's number one star for the night and his helmetless save, which I am personally deeming a top 3 save of the year for Buffalo, is the number one video on NHL.COM...all you doubters can post apologizes as needed...this guy is the real deal and plays with a lot of heart

p.s. what happened there with the no-mask save? i walked back into the room just before that save was made, saw him shaking his head in the crease, and then rip the thing off. i watched his post-game interview, but there was no question about it (instead, hamilton chose to remark how the post was enroth's best friend <_< ).

p.s. what happened there with the no-mask save? i walked back into the room just before that save was made, saw him shaking his head in the crease, and then rip the thing off. i watched his post-game interview, but there was no question about it (instead, hamilton chose to remark how the post was enroth's best friend <_< ).

I was at the game in that corner of the arena. Just before that play he took a shot that hit him in the mask. He was waving his glove in an attempt to get the ref to blow the whistle, I believe, because something had come loose on his mask. He then ripped the mask off himself because it wasn't sitting right on his head from what I could tell. I loved McCormick with the hit next to the net, although it would have been nicer if it wasn't after 3 whacks at the puck.

I was at the game in that corner of the arena. Just before that play he took a shot that hit him in the mask. He was waving his glove in an attempt to get the ref to blow the whistle, I believe, because something had come loose on his mask. He then ripped the mask off himself because it wasn't sitting right on his head from what I could tell. I loved McCormick with the hit next to the net, although it would have been nicer if it wasn't after 3 whacks at the puck.

Took out, and apparently injured, two Canes with that one hit. Good stuff.

Glad Hamilton was so positive after such a great win... :oops:

Nhl named Jhonas Enroth the 3rd star of the week and Ruff said to expect enroth in net for Tuesday's game vs Lightning....

Seriously? What happened to Miller is D2D and getting better? I guess 5/6 points will change your mind..

The door is ajar.

Paul Hamilton on wgr55.com:

"There's been a lot of debate the past week on if Miller should even go back in net because Enroth in playing well. Ruff said, 'I think that there isn't any doubt that Ryan is the number one, at the same time we're going to play the guys that are going to help us win games and when Ryan comes back he has to be on top of his game. We're just in the business of winning games and Jhonas knows that stepping in too, but there's no doubt that Ryan is our number one.'"

The door is ajar.

"There's been a lot of debate the past week on if Miller should even go back in net because Enroth in playing well. Ruff said, 'I think that there isn't any doubt that Ryan is the number one, at the same time we're going to play the guys that are going to help us win games and when Ryan comes back he has to be on top of his game. We're just in the business of winning games and Jhonas knows that stepping in too, but there's no doubt that Ryan is our number one.'"

I'm not Miller's biggest fan and even I feel that only the morons at WGR and their dimwit listeners would be debating this topic.

I'm not Miller's biggest fan and even I feel that only the morons at WGR and their dimwit listeners would be debating this topic.

I don't see it as being moronic to manufacture controversy to increase listenership. I do, however, find it almost unlistenable. I also find it reminiscent of the old radio 'they should play Shields over Dom,' 'they should play Marty over Dom,' and 'they should play Rollie over Dom,' (OK, I don't actually remember hearing THAT one.)

There really hasn't been any debate. Mike has gone from "play the hot hand until he loses" to basically saying nothing.

Those are Ruff's words. Maybe he likes the idea of stirring the pot a bit, getting Miller fired up, offering Enroth a carrot.

The door is ajar.

Sounds to me like the door is closed and not ajar. Now, here comes Sully, so let the stupidity flow.

There really hasn't been any debate. Mike has gone from "play the hot hand until he loses" to basically saying nothing.

Those are Ruff's words. Maybe he likes the idea of stirring the pot a bit, getting Miller fired up, offering Enroth a carrot.

Is the first sentence in your prior post, a Paul Hamilton quote or Lindy Ruff quote? I read it as Hamilton's.

I don't see it as being moronic to manufacture controversy to increase listenership. I do, however, find it almost unlistenable. I also find it reminiscent of the old radio 'they should play Shields over Dom,' 'they should play Marty over Dom,' and 'they should play Rollie over Dom,' (OK, I don't actually remember hearing THAT one.)

I still think their morons and it is clear why they are doing it. That makes them even bigger morons in my eyes, especially when each host takes a side in order to debate an issue. Talk about forced radio.

Ive been thinking for a bit on Enroth and his last game. He is not a true butterfly goalie but is to some degree. I think he does have a little dom in him but also he is getting better at following the play at the nhl level. I have no idea how he flipped his mask off his face and saw the pass across and reacted. My only concern is one of the distant future. Say when hes 31ish are his reflexes going to slow a bit. However I feel like a couple of seasons as a back up he might read plays better and have to rely on his reflexes a little less.

'They should play Gehrig over Pipp.' or 'Dom over Fuhr.'

Archived