"I ain't goin' nowhere." -Ruff

Doohickie

I agree although I feel Lindy could have done more with the right gm in place.

Agreed, he has changed his tactics depending on who he had........I think he is going to be energized as well, knowing that the new owner is not gonna cheap out on everything.... :beer:

3 reasons why I like Ruff: 1) He gets angry, really angry which shows he gives 2 shits. 2) After the Drury/Briere fiasco did we finish in 28th? 29th? 30th? No, we missed the playoffs by a couple of games. Every single fan knew that after 06-07 season 07-08 was gonna suck and then campbell was gone at the end of the season and got way overpaid. 3) Finally, Ruff has been a skate in the crease and a defenseman away from the cup. If he had not had those unfortunate events happen and had won both times, this would not be a conversation. Finally and this is more of an opinion, I would like as a fan to win the cup with ruff as couch cuz I can't think of anyone else who would get us there. Lindi Ruff could easily leave this team and make double whatever he makes because its Lindi Ruff. The Islanders, Oilers, Senators even would fight each other to the death to have a shot and Lindi as their coach. Its not that I have a love affair with the guy its just that, other teams take decades to rebuild (Pittsburg for example) Ruff some how finds a way to do it in 3 years. Give Ruff 3 full years of TPegs and if we arent on the verge of the cup being raised on high in buffalo then you can cut him lose and say I was wrong but Ruff has never had the resources to win, so I am willing to let him try. Look at this years team. He dragged them out of the gutter, figured out how to compensate for no Roy, and has crafted a team with average talent but a never say die mentality. Without Ruff I think we are 7-10yrs from a cup versus 3-4 with him.

"To whom much has been given, much is expected"

We might soon see if that was lip service.

Yeppir's.

Thats the quote that caught my ear in Pegs coming out party that I recounted in that same days blog and the one this fan will hold the new owner too.

Only tangentially related to this thread, but it is such a nice day outside that I had to share:

A man walks into a talent agent's office in downtown Buffalo. He is carrying a rather shaggy looking mutt. The talent agent looks up and the man says, "Mister, I'm going to make us both millionaires. Right here, I have an honest-to-gosh talking dog!"

The talent agent looks at him for a few seconds and says, "Buddy, normally I would through you out on your behind. But since it such a nice day, I'm going to give you a break and let you show me this "talking dog". You've got two minutes..."

The man puts the dog down on the agent's desk and says, "OK, boy...here we go! Are you ready?" The dog's ears go up and he sits up on his hind legs. The man continues, "OK, boy....what do you find on top of a house?"

The dog pants for a second, then he goes "Roof!"

The man says, "That's right boy! A Roof! OK, now....how does sandpaper feel?"

The dog tilts his head and goes, "Rough!".

"That's right boy! Rough! OK - who's the greatest Sabres' coach of all time?"

The dog sits for a second, then he goes, "Ruff!"

The agent's office door flies open and the man and his dog are tossed unceremoniously onto the street. The talent agent says, "Get lost you jerk!" and slams the door shut. The man looks down at the dog. After a few seconds, the dog says, "Maybe I should have said Crozier?"

I thank you - I'll be here all week; try the veal!

Only tangentially related to this thread, but it is such a nice day outside that I had to share:

A man walks into a talent agent's office in downtown Buffalo. He is carrying a rather shaggy looking mutt. The talent agent looks up and the man says, "Mister, I'm going to make us both millionaires. Right here, I have an honest-to-gosh talking dog!"

The talent agent looks at him for a few seconds and says, "Buddy, normally I would through you out on your behind. But since it such a nice day, I'm going to give you a break and let you show me this "talking dog". You've got two minutes..."

The man puts the dog down on the agent's desk and says, "OK, boy...here we go! Are you ready?" The dog's ears go up and he sits up on his hind legs. The man continues, "OK, boy....what do you find on top of a house?"

The agent's office door flies open and the man and his dog are tossed unceremoniously onto the street. The talent agent says, "Get lost you jerk!" and slams the door shut. The man looks down at the dog. After a few seconds, the dog says, "Maybe I should have said Crozier?"

I chuckled.

My God it is spring. Not all that warm, but I've got day lily shoots poking up, daffodils are getting high, robins and mourning doves are back. What a winter!

I feel like i've heard this set up before only without the Sabres reference at the end. Still amused since its a slow day at work. I admire your effort to entertain the masses. The veal will help :thumbsup:

I chuckled.

My God it is spring. Not all that warm, but I've got day lily shoots poking up, daffodils are getting high, robins and mourning doves are back. What a winter!

Figures, it finally gets warm in Buffalo and they ship me off to Indiana for work where its rainy and cold.

Karma man, karma...

Archived