"I ain't goin' nowhere." -Ruff

Doohickie

Per Hockey Night in Canada. They interviewed Pegula before the game and he said "Lindy Ruff ain't goin' nowhere." At the start of the third, HNIC broadcasters said they asked Lindy Ruff what he thought, and he said, "To use Terry Pegula's words, I ain't goin' nowhere."

Why are we together?

I wonder what Darcy thinks about all this? Doesn't the GM get to hire his coach?

But, hey, whatever. Lindy's 49th honeymoon too shall pass.

I'm assuming it's because people on this board think you're the epitome of pessimism.

I'm assuming it's because people on this board think you're the epitome of pessimism.

Too bad most of the "people" you reference won't be heard from once the season is over and posters like PA, myself and others with keep the Sabres talk going throughout the off-season.

Why are we together?

I wonder what Darcy thinks about all this? Doesn't the GM get to hire his coach?

But, hey, whatever. Lindy's 49th honeymoon too shall pass.

Apparently not always--see my trip to Toronto thread.

Per Hockey Night in Canada. They interviewed Pegula before the game and he said "Lindy Ruff ain't goin' nowhere." At the start of the third, HNIC broadcasters said they asked Lindy Ruff what he thought, and he said, "To use Terry Pegula's words, I ain't goin' nowhere."

Shame, was just starting to feel a little optimistic about this team.

I did call the road trip at 4-2-1, which was pretty optimistic, but not after starting 3-0-1. In fact, I wonder if losing two of the last three will cost them a playoff berth.

Thanks BM! :blush:

I did call the road trip at 4-2-1, which was pretty optimistic, but not after starting 3-0-1. In fact, I wonder if losing two of the last three will cost them a playoff berth.

Fair and accurate?

Apparently not always--see my trip to Toronto thread.

Darcy's been a eunych since Day One. It's pretty pathetic.

Do you think he has any more power today? I'd like to overhear the conversation where Darcy goes to Terry after the Sabres miss the playoffs for the sixth time in nine years and tells him he wants to change coaches.

It actually makes sense that they would tail off towards the end of the road trip. Frankly, I'm not sure they'll have a lot of gas left in the tank today.

As for the epitome of pessimism, no; you are merely the muse of pessimism.

It actually makes sense that they would tail off towards the end of the road trip. Frankly, I'm not sure they'll have a lot of gas left in the tank today.

As for the epitome of pessimism, no; you are merely the muse of pessimism.

You sound pretty pessimistic about today's game.

Archived