"I'm not looking for the best players, I'm looking for the right ones"

LGR4GM

As we all know the Sabres currently sit 3points out of 8th with 2 games in hand. We know that they have issues but we know that Pegula, Black, and Regier want to build a cup team and not just bring in random stuff. SO, lets look around league at players who are under 30 that could be the RIGHT fit not necessarily all stars that could make this team a contender.

I have mentioned on a couple of occasions I would like to see Pavelski come here. Hes got skills and size and is a hard working center. On a line with Vanek and Stafford maybe we finally have a top line. Any other players who could fit the mold?

Speaking of players we could have used Tim Kennedy just went to Florida for McCabe, now I am not saying he was the right player but he was more valuable than Niedermyer. I am going to continue to comb through every team looking at the there centers until I find the perfect 1

Ummmm........yea.......Darcy.......Stastny, Weiss, pretty much any center that would help up the middle would be the "right" one.

So, since he states they are set at defense I fully expect Bogosian to the Sabres in the next 48 hours :rolleyes:

lol, maybe but look at defense who would fit here not just ones that are available is bogosian the right fit?

lol, maybe but look at defense who would fit here not just ones that are available is bogosian the right fit?

Dammit, why o why do you have to bring Regier's common sense back into the conversation? :censored:

I was day dreaming of a Bogo-Myers connection until this post...... :wallbash:

;)

Who know's what Darcy is thinking? He is so off the wall. I can't believe he landed Drury and Briere. Sometimes Horseshoes do just fall of some people's arses.

I'll wait until Monday at 3pm to see where we stand with the roster.

All kidding put aside for a moment, I would have no idea what the Sabres are going to do, but I can only hope they do something to address the Center position woes.

I'm a new poster, but have been a fan for a long time. As I watched all of you speaking on the Center position both my wife and myself would just nod in agreement with many of you on that need. It just seems so obvious, I don't know, maybe Regier is a closet meth head or something.... :blink:

As we all know the Sabres currently sit 3points out of 8th with 2 games in hand. We know that they have issues but we know that Pegula, Black, and Regier want to build a cup team and not just bring in random stuff. SO, lets look around league at players who are under 30 that could be the RIGHT fit not necessarily all stars that could make this team a contender.

I have mentioned on a couple of occasions I would like to see Pavelski come here. Hes got skills and size and is a hard working center. On a line with Vanek and Stafford maybe we finally have a top line. Any other players who could fit the mold?

Just curious: did you get your thread title from Herb Brooks?

Ummmm........yea.......Darcy.......Stastny, Weiss, pretty much any center that would help up the middle would be the "right" one.

So, since he states they are set at defense I fully expect Bogosian to the Sabres in the next 48 hours :rolleyes:

Stastny is a real risk at $6.6 million per with health problems, not to mention the massive price tag he has.

I wouldn't be shocked if they added a d-men.

Paul Stastny is he the right guy for us? IDK, everyone says hes injury prone but hes only had 1 really bad injury season. He played 81 games last year. The thing with him is his contract and colorado's willingness to trade him. Stastny I think fits the right for this team build though

Stastny is a real risk at $6.6 million per with health problems, not to mention the massive price tag he has.

I wouldn't be shocked if they added a d-men.

He was out 1/2 the season in 08-09 but came back last year to play a full season. He's played 59 games so far this season. Missed about 20 games in 07-08 but played in the 2 round sof playoffs afterward. Doesn't look like a big health risk right now to me. Seems like other than that one year his games played is par for the course with most players.

Stastny -- Hell he has NY in his name... Add him this year and then go get Malkin on 1 Jul.

If I had to choose one of them because having both is never going to happen I would take Stastny because malkin gets injured every freaking year. What about wingers? I'd love to see a guy like clowe or hemsky and they are totally the right guys

Archived