Line Combinations

Seannie34

We all know that Lindy likes to screw around with the lines but I think that right now as long as everyone stays healthy we seem to have great combinations. All the lines have their own personality and they all can score really well. Right now they are:

Dumont, Briere, Hecht: fast line with crazy scoring ability infront of the net.

Afinigenov, Roy, Vanek: Obviously have speed with great passing and stick handling

Pominville, Connolly, Kotalik: Great passed inside with Connolly and two snipers for wings

Grier, Drury, Gaustad: Our most physical line and they seem to be able to sustain pressure well in the offensive zone.

What does everyone think of these lines and keeping them for the future....

Switch Pominville with Vanek, and make list the Connolly line 2nd and the Roy line 3rd and I'd be happy with it. As it is, I think Roy-Vanek-Afinogenov gets eaten alive defensively in the playoffs...and I don't think their chemistry is as great as everyone else says it is...they seem to pick up most of their points together on the PP, not even strength.

Of course, none of this matters if Connolly is out for an extended period of time.

It looks like Connolly is going to be fine and Lindy doesnt have to change the lines if he doesnt want to. I dont think I would movie Pominville becuase I like that we have 2 big guns with Connolly and defenders and goalies know they need to respect Connollys speed and then he can create really great shooting lanes and we know Kotalik and Pominvilles slap shots dont need much help finding the back of the net.

I like the lines how they are, the ones you have listed...

Each line seems to really gel well together. I disagree about the one users sentiment about the Afinogenov Roy Vanek line. I think that line is one of the most creative lines I've seen in a long time. To see some of the stuff they've been doing is pretty unreal.

.. maybe we should change Roy's name to Royov.

Dumont, Briere, Hecht: Creative and causes havoc, and getting better. This line seems to be always in motion. They are beginning to play at a speed unseen in years.

Afinigenov, Roy, Vanek: Creative and causes havoc. Some bad penalties and defensive lapses, but draws a lot of penalties as well.

Pominville, Connolly, Kotalik: "Great passed inside with Connolly and two snipers for wings" Ditto that, putting Connolly's passing touch with two snipers would seem like a natural.

Grier, Drury, Gaustad: This line is capable of scoring and can wear any line down over the course of a game.

What does everyone think of these lines and keeping them for the future....

I think you stick with these lines until you loose or somebody is injured.

If Lindy wanted to change it up a little I could see switching Roy and Drury at some point or to switch

Vanek with Kotalik to put spread out the snipers. I wouldn't touch them right now though.

Archived