[Game Day] Leafs @ Sabres 7:00PM

SabresBeat

Sabres always start slow they picked it up there in second half. I bet Hecht buries one later in the game to make up for missing that empty net. Anyone see Tucker on that penalty? He grabbed Campbell and then he just fell down. Old legs do that to ya.

Hecht will not return tonight due to a knee injury... <_< Hopefully not too bad... Just said it wasn't too serious...

Sounds like Ryan is sharp. Gotta give Lindy a lot of credit for sticking with him and letting him play his way back. For all the criticism Ruff has taken in the past for a heavy hand when handling his goalies, it seems like this year his touch has been almost perfect.

Tight, low-scoring game. The Sabres will get a lot more out of this than another 6-4 win.

Let's go Buffalo!

Amen to that...

2-0 Bruins!

Its very quiet in here tonite. Guess everyone is watching the game....

I'm stuck listening online with a hotel wireless connection that keeps cutting out.

It sounds like Miller is playing better, though I just heard a Toronto PP goal was scored.

I posted a topic earlier about this team, though winning, not playing a full 60 minute game in a very long time.

It sounds that way again tonite...

Its very quiet in here tonite. Guess everyone is watching the game....

I'm stuck listening online with a hotel wireless connection that keeps cutting out.

It sounds like Miller is playing better, though I just heard a Toronto PP goal was scored.

I posted a topic earlier about this team, though winning, not playing a full 60 minute game in a very long time.

It sounds that way again tonite...

Been there, done that... <_< Actually, it sounds like they are playing pretty well tonight. Toronto is just playing well, also.

Crap. Drury gets 4 minutes for a high stick...

Any post games thoughts from those that were able to watch it?

Ottawa in OT. Guaranteed at least 1 pt.

Ya, Leafs really wanted this game and tried to play a shut down, trap style game and we still won. It was really a playoff game. Leafs are just hanging in there playing desperation hockey and we matched them. Miller played well and the rest of the team played liked they ahted the Laffs. Good! I saw Hecht limp to the bench, I hope he is ok.

Any post games thoughts from those that were able to watch it?

Easily the game of the year. It was a defensive style, rely on the goalie, and score the timely goal type of game that you'd expect out of michael peca, dominik hasek, and the 1999 buffalo sabres. They won playing the defensive style game, and it was truly awesome to watch. Miller stood on his head. For as bad as he's been, he'd have made hasek look bad tonight. The dude played the best game of the season for the sabres. I'm only worried about hecht's knee and briere's head. He got hit in the head but came back in the game. However, you never know with head and neck injuries. No negatives to report. Truly a playoff win for the buffalo sabres tonight.

Ottawa in OT. Guaranteed at least 1 pt.

Well, let's hope those useless Bruins can at lest do something right, picking up a point in this situation would be big. Heck! It would mean if we beat them Saturday we pass them!

Easily the game of the year.

Huh????

No way! That Philly game was! Anyway, Grier scored winner in both

Boston is on power play

Easily the game of the year. It was a defensive style, rely on the goalie, and score the timely goal type of game that you'd expect out of michael peca, dominik hasek, and the 1999 buffalo sabres. They won playing the defensive style game, and it was truly awesome to watch. Miller stood on his head. For as bad as he's been, he'd have made hasek look bad tonight. The dude played the best game of the season for the sabres. I'm only worried about hecht's knee and briere's head. He got hit in the head but came back in the game. However, you never know with head and neck injuries. No negatives to report. Truly a playoff win for the buffalo sabres tonight.

Man, was this win sweet. Unfortunately there seemed to be a ton of Laffs fans there. Suck on that for the drive back on the Queen E.

Observations:

Tucker's hit on Briere was away from the play and from behind. Atypical for Darcy.

Miller played great. He was a little off on the goal, however, it looked like it was deflected, defintely hit the post and bounced in off his back. I've never played goal, so I don't want to criticize, but don't you have to hug the pipe.

Allison is done and Sundin while still a good player, isn't worth what they're paying him. The Leafs looked slow against the Sabres and don't have anyone to take it to the D on rushes. Kept shooting from the outside.

Max sometimes makes you pull your hair out and other times makes your jaw hit the floor.

The near miss early in the first by Hecht (setup by Briere and Dumont) was a thing of beauty. Every time I feel down I think of Briere for Gratton.