Breire is on fire...

LabattBlue

Thanks, I wanted to know what he could have had if he had been healthy all season. It is so amazing how we could lose him, Dumont, Connolly, Miller, and still be such a force. This season has so many dimensions to it. This is a perfect start to the post-lockout era.

Briere talked about how he messed up on the 3rd cap goal and how he wanted to make it up. That's amazing how he can make up his mind to do it and just go do it. I can't wait to see how this team carries over this attitude to the playoffs.

i made sure to pick briere up again in my pool after he was droped due to injury. i knew he'd be a force down the strech run. he's a big part of the reason we've scored 6 goals or more in the last 3 or 4 games. The team has effectivly bailed out the goaltending when they haven't been hot... good but not great by any means... Briere is definatly a keeper.

I agree on all of the above. He is a great player. However, I'm pretty sure he is an unrestricted free agent after this year and am pretty concerned that we will lose him. I can see someone (esp. Toronto and Montreal) throwing $5+ million per year at him, the Sabres not matching, and him leaving. This would be a huge loss and really demoralizing for the team and the fans.

On the other hand, I am cautiously optimistic that the Sabres would pay a ton to keep him, so I think we probably would not lose him over money -- but what if he always wanted to play for the habs?

Can anyone confirm whether or not he is unrestricted?

I agree on all of the above. He is a great player. However, I'm pretty sure he is an unrestricted free agent after this year and am pretty concerned that we will lose him. I can see someone (esp. Toronto and Montreal) throwing $5+ million per year at him, the Sabres not matching, and him leaving. This would be a huge loss and really demoralizing for the team and the fans.

On the other hand, I am cautiously optimistic that the Sabres would pay a ton to keep him, so I think we probably would not lose him over money -- but what if he always wanted to play for the habs?

Can anyone confirm whether or not he is unrestricted?

Briere, Teppo, Grier, and McKee are UFA's after the season. I do not believe anyone else is but the team has a lot of RFA's.

Briere, Teppo, Grier, and McKee are UFA's after the season. I do not believe anyone else is but the team has a lot of RFA's.

Dave...I am not sure who is right, but over on the hockeysfuture.com boards, they have the Sabres UFA's for 2006 as follows...

Buffalo Sabres

Jay McKee

Mike Grier

Teppo Numminen

Rory Fitzpatrick

All I know is that before Briere becomes a UFA, the Sabres MUST lock him up for at least 3 or 4 years.

Dave...I am not sure who is right, but over on the hockeysfuture.com boards, they have the Sabres UFA's for 2006 as follows...

Buffalo Sabres

Jay McKee

Mike Grier

Teppo Numminen

Rory Fitzpatrick

All I know is that before Briere becomes a UFA, the Sabres MUST lock him up for at least 3 or 4 years.

Wow, I hope you are right about Briere. Let's hope the Sabres lock him up before his deal runs out. I hate to look ahead past this great season but it would be nice to keep this team together.

Buffalo Sabres

Jay McKee

Mike Grier

Teppo Numminen

Rory Fitzpatrick

It was my understanding that Briere was an UFA this off season. THN had him listed as an UFA earlier this year, but I noticed a note in the latest THN that some of the players they had listed as UFA's are actually RFA's.

I went back and calculated it myself, and it looks like Briere just misses the cutoff for UFA. (He doesn't turn 29 until October and it doesn't look like he has enough years of service.)

That'll teach me to trust THN!

Also, it looks like you are correct about Rory. (I forgot about his season in Montreal way back in '95-'96.)

Sorry about that. Thanks for the correction.

It was my understanding that Briere was an UFA this off season. THN had him listed as an UFA earlier this year, but I noticed a note in the latest THN that some of the players they had listed as UFA's are actually RFA's.

I went back and calculated it myself, and it looks like Briere just misses the cutoff for UFA. (He doesn't turn 29 until October and it doesn't look like he has enough years of service.)

That'll teach me to trust THN!

Also, it looks like you are correct about Rory. (I forgot about his season in Montreal way back in '95-'96.)

Sorry about that. Thanks for the correction.

Dave...what is the month that the player has to be 29 by? I was looking for this info myself and couldn't find it.

Thanks

Archived