Has the Carolina freefall started?

Peace Frog

I've been following the standings, as I'm sure most of you have, and thought that the first order of business for the Sabres was to try and take the lead in the division, followed by the conference, and finally, the league, if that was at all possible. By the way Carolina has been playing as of late, it would appear that catching and surpassing Ottawa (did you think that would be possible two months ago?) for the division lead could also mean leading the Eastern Conference. Whod've thunked it? Not only that, but Detroit is not that far ahead, either.

Essentially, what a huge game coming up for the Sabres this Saturday at the Corel Centre. We could be tied for the conference (if not the entire league) lead after this weekend while making a giant statement to the rest of the league that the Sabres are for real!

As for the Sabres giving up so many short-handed goals, I say "I wish they could quit them!". ;)

By the way Carolina has been playing as of late, it would appear that catching and surpassing Ottawa (did you think that would be possible two months ago?) for the division lead could also mean leading the Eastern Conference. Whod've thunked it? Not only that, but Detroit is not that far ahead, either.

Essentially, what a huge game coming up for the Sabres this Saturday at the Corel Centre. We could be tied for the conference (if not the entire league) lead after this weekend while making a giant statement to the rest of the league that the Sabres are for real!

As for the Sabres giving up so many short-handed goals, I say "I wish they could quit them!". ;)

I've been wondering the same thing. In fact I've been thinking about it to the point where I was wondering how is home ice advantage determined in the Stanley Cup finals. Is it still by total points or is it one of those eastern conference gets it this year, western confrence gets it the next year things??

You know what the stupidest part of this Saturday's game against Ottawa is?

The lousy CBC in Canada will probably show the virtually meaningless and inferior product of the Leafs game on the national network. They could feature the 1st place show-down, for the division and possibly conference, of two high-quality teams. Instead, my prediction is Leafs-Rangers.

The official CBC take on this will be that they committed to the Leaf game 6 months ago and can't change now. Besides, it's the mighty Leafs- 11th in the conference- battling for a play-off spot against the stumbling, bumbling Rangers who should be about ready for their annual free-fall.

At least I have center-ice. I'll be watching the Sabres.

You know what the stupidest part of this Saturday's game against Ottawa is?

The lousy CBC in Canada will probably show the virtually meaningless and inferior product of the Leafs game on the national network. They could feature the 1st place show-down, for the division and possibly conference, of two high-quality teams. Instead, my prediction is Leafs-Rangers.

The official CBC take on this will be that they committed to the Leaf game 6 months ago and can't change now. Besides, it's the mighty Leafs- 11th in the conference- battling for a play-off spot against the stumbling, bumbling Rangers who should be about ready for their annual free-fall.

At least I have center-ice. I'll be watching the Sabres.

There are more Leaf fans than Senators fans in the outlying areas of Canada. Its all about money baby.

Archived