Crosby year 1 superstar?

Corp000085

I would like to know if anyone feels the way that i do about sydney crosby? I would agree that this kid is a superstar in juniors, and could be the next gretzky. However, when gretzky was a rookie, the nhl was completely different. It was smaller, geared towards offense, and he had protection from goons. For crosby, this is a 170lb soaking wet, 17 year old kid playing in a league where 225 is the norm. It's a lot faster than 1977 or whenever gretz was a rookie. I do see him blossoming, but i'm not biting on the hype that the kid will be a 50 goal scorer this year.

With Lemieux on his line, he'll pop 20 at most this year ... but honestly I could do that as well with Super Mario.

He's going to be great, but not for a few years. If Gretzky started playing in the NHL today, he wouldn't come near his current records.

With Lemieux on his line, he'll pop 20 at most this year ... but honestly I could do that as well with Super Mario.

He's going to be great, but not for a few years. If Gretzky started playing in the NHL today, he wouldn't come near his current records.

agreed Gretzky would not touch howe's record's in today's NHL as he scored a majority of his points before the neutral zone trap era. Crosby will be a good player, but I can't help but think of Alexandre Daigle, couple great years then not much afterwards.

agreed Gretzky would not touch howe's record's in today's NHL as he scored a majority of his points before the neutral zone trap era. Crosby will be a good player, but I can't help but think of Alexandre Daigle, couple great years then not much afterwards.

Are you mixing up Daigle with someone else? He has never surpassed 51 points in an NHL season.

Are you mixing up Daigle with someone else? He has never surpassed 51 points in an NHL season.

ok a couple good years. but you can make an argument that the 51 points in '03 for the Wild would be considered a great year, in the neutral zone trap era

Archived