Excitement is building...

LabattBlue

I've been out at bars for a few games over the last couple of weeks and have noticed people cheering when the Sabres score and just a higher interest in general.

I'm not sure what the ticket status is for the remaining games, but I have to believe the Sabres are looking at close to sellouts for all of them.

and for good reason. This is a good scoring team. They are second in the league in scoring. Too bad Darcy didn't go out and get a veteran netminder for the playoffs. I suppose that won't matter in the first round but after that watch for it to be a problem. I know a few people in the organization and they have expressed similiar doubts about Miller and Biron

and for good reason. This is a good scoring team. They are second in the league in scoring. Too bad Darcy didn't go out and get a veteran netminder for the playoffs. I suppose that won't matter in the first round but after that watch for it to be a problem. I know a few people in the organization and they have expressed similiar doubts about Miller and Biron

Second in the division, 5th in the league... As for the goalie situation, you are nuts.

Your statements are about as accurate as Zhitnik's slapshot.

Have you played hockey? I have. I had a real good chance of turning pro before I blew my knee out. I know what I'm talking about. I just wonder if you do

Nope, not organized hockey. My first love was football. I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but that doesn't mean you do. Claiming they were second in the league in scoring suggests you don't.

Who would you have traded and who would you have traded for? You have previously stated Cujo, who only has more experience compared to Miller and Biron in playoff meltdowns.

I start a thread to talk about the excitement the Sabres are generating in WNY and you come along and piss all over it with your "expert" analysis of the Sabres goaltending situation. I'm not sure what you playing goaltender at an amateur level has to do with anything. <_<

Nope, not organized hockey. My first love was football. I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but that doesn't mean you do. Claiming they were second in the league in scoring suggests you don't.

Who would you have traded and who would you have traded for? You have previously stated Cujo, who only has more experience compared to Miller and Biron in playoff meltdowns.

CuJo has had some great playoff runs. Not really sure if he has enough left to get the job done, he is getting close to 40 years old. <Still 10 years younger then Belfour.

CuJo has had some great playoff runs. Not really sure if he has enough left to get the job done, he is getting close to 40 years old. <Still 10 years younger then Belfour.

When?

In 15 seasons, he's made it past the 2nd round twice. He only won 1 game the 1st time he was in round 3 (and that came against the other team's backup) and 2 games the next time.

If I had a nickle for every guy who "had a good chance of going pro except I got injured." It get's more lame every time I read or hear it. I almost banged Kim Basinger except I didn't.

I don't care if you PLAYED 15 years at the NHL level, it doesn't amount to a hill of beans where talent assessment is concerned.

If I had a nickle for every guy who "had a good chance of going pro except I got injured." It get's more lame every time I read or hear it. I almost banged Kim Basinger except I didn't.

I don't care if you PLAYED 15 years at the NHL level, it doesn't amount to a hill of beans where talent assessment is concerned.

You say that because you've never played hockey and don't know what you're talking about. ;)

This guys seems to be the real deal guys

The Bills board has linked to this post cause it seems they also have a guy who knows the same amount of football as this guy knows hockey, and he also blew out his knee before he was going to make the pro's.

Thanks apuszczalowski!

Maybe LB or SDS can give a positive ID? :rolleyes:

If your expectation is winning the Stanley Cup THIS year, goaltending inexperience may be an issue. But it's an issue I'm fine with...who wants Cujo here over Miller OR Biron? Certainly not me at this point. After all, JS Giguere and Mika Kiprusoff didn't exactly have a Marty Brodeur-like playoff history before they were probably the best 2 players in the last two NHL playoffs.

If your expectation is winning a series or probably 2, I don't think goaltending is a big issue at all...and I never thought I'd say this, but Buffalo is so much more talented than the teams they'll likely face in the first or second rounds that they SHOULD be able to win without Miller at the top of his game.

This guy can talk about the Sabres playoff inexperience in goal all he wants, but Nittymaki, Lundqvist, Gerber, Grahame, Huet....how many of these guys have led Stanley Cup runs themselves? I'm not sure if any of them have even played in a playoff game.

Brodeur and Hasek vs. Miller or even Biron may be a concern, but if you look at the standings, the Sabres are extremely unlikely to play NJ in the first round, and if Ottawa beats Buffalo it's because they're the one team in the Conference or league that is clearly more talented than the Sabres...

Well, just to add to what everyone else has already said. How is Miller going to get some playoff experience unless he actually plays in the playoffs. I think back to the preseason when players were badmouthing the organization. I could think of a way to live up to it. Have a great goalie tandem that brings you a lot of success in the regular season, and then bring in a has been at the trading deadline because he has more playoff experience.

If your expectation is winning the Stanley Cup THIS year, goaltending inexperience may be an issue. But it's an issue I'm fine with...who wants Cujo here over Miller OR Biron? Certainly not me at this point. After all, JS Giguere and Mika Kiprusoff didn't exactly have a Marty Brodeur-like playoff history before they were probably the best 2 players in the last two NHL playoffs...

If you're talking about winning the Cup now, those two goalies really aren't the best example since neither won. Our "I could've been a pro" friend may take issue with that and who are we to argue since he knows more about the game than us. :rolleyes:

If you're talking about winning the Cup now, those two goalies really aren't the best example since neither won. Our "I could've been a pro" friend may take issue with that and who are we to argue since he knows more about the game than us. :rolleyes:

Biron has been in the league, what, 9 or 10 years? Miller is a world-class goalie. I'll stick with them, thank you.

Archived