Is it too early for 'Magic Numbers'.

deluca67

Here's a magic number. The second the Sabres hit 92 points (three more points) they're in the playoffs. Usually, 88-90 will get you in but with no ties this year, 92 is what you'll probably need.

Either way it's a moot point, we could call up the Amerks and have them play for us and we'd still make the playoffs.

Here's a magic number for ya: 16 postseason wins.

Maybe I'm crazy but I think this team can do it. Something great is happening. We are just relentless. Briere is playing like he's making up for lost time, Drury is a rock, Connolly, Max, Kotalik, Vanek and Roy are explosive. Nobody ever quits. We have everything we need.

The other magic number for me is 100% -- we need Miller at 100% sharpness for it to happen.

Come on Ryan. Get it together. You're the best goalie in the league. This is our shot at glory.

Go Sabres.

Here's a magic number for ya: 16 postseason wins.

Maybe I'm crazy but I think this team can do it. Something great is happening. We are just relentless. Briere is playing like he's making up for lost time, Drury is a rock, Connolly, Max, Kotalik, Vanek and Roy are explosive. Nobody ever quits. We have everything we need.

The other magic number for me is 100% -- we need Miller at 100% sharpness for it to happen.

Come on Ryan. Get it together. You're the best goalie in the league. This is our shot at glory.

Go Sabres.

I found myself humming.."You know we're going to win that cup..." this morning. :) I think cup fever is going to hit this city hard in light of the dismal performances of the Bills and Sabres over the past 5 years.

I think catching Ottawa could be important as far as match ups go for the 1st round.

Magic catching Ottawa number?.........Probably to much algebra involved with that one.

I could be wrong, and it's not like a magic number is really relevant when a couple of teams are separated by 2 points and equal in games with 19 to play, but for what it's worth I think Ottawa's "magic number" to clinch the division is 37 points.

I could be wrong, and it's not like a magic number is really relevant when a couple of teams are separated by 2 points and equal in games with 19 to play, but for what it's worth I think Ottawa's "magic number" to clinch the division is 37 points.

Ottawa and the Sabres each have a potential 38 points available to them if they win out.

That said, Ottawa's magic # to clinch the division is 37,

to clinch the conference is 38,

and to clinch the Prez. Trop. outright is 39.

Numbers for Buffalo are 39, 40, and 41 respectively.

Remember, an Ottawa loss is 2 points for Buffalo and an Otter OT loss is 1 point for Buffalo; and vice versa.

Archived