GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Good game by the GAUSTAD line. I don't know about rolling 3 lines late in the 3rd, it looked like they were getting gassed pretty fast. For the life of me, I can not understand why ENNIS would be on the bench while having GERBE on the ice. I thought ENNIS had a good game, he set up a few good scoring chances, I'm getting really ill watching GERBE try to play.

Good game by the GAUSTAD line. I don't know about rolling 3 lines late in the 3rd, it looked like they were getting gassed pretty fast. For the life of me, I can not understand why ENNIS would be on the bench while having GERBE on the ice. I thought ENNIS had a good game, he set up a few good scoring chances, I'm getting really ill watching GERBE try to play.

I thought it was one of Gerbe's better games. Especially early, he was at least putting the puck on net. Made Niemi make some nice saves. Not a high bar I've set for him, I guess, no pun intended.

You've been pushing this for a while now. Gerbe is stronger on the puck than Ennis, especially along the boards. I'm sure you can give me all the stats in the world to show me why Gerbe shouldn't be out there, but I'll just give you one, Since Gerbe was put on the first line, the Sabres have earned 7 of 8 points.

Don't change it 'til it's broke.

I thought it was one of Gerbe's better games. Especially early, he was at least putting the puck on net. Made Niemi make some nice saves. Not a high bar I've set for him, I guess, no pun intended.

I agree he did get some shots off today, really I think only 2 were on net, but I'm just getting tired of seeing him on that line, there's just no way he's a top 6 forward.

Kind of like the arena the last few years.

Here's Mike Harrington's brutally honest assessment:

End-1st: In front of a library-quiet crowd (WHAT IS UP, PEOPLE?), the Sabres have a 1-0 lead after 20 minutes as the Sharks have a 12-9 edge in shots. I really have no idea what the deal is here. This has become the quietest rink in the league, which shows the disconnect the fans have with this team just keeps growing. I couldn't hear myself think for just about the entire game Tuesday in Boston, even when the Bruins were trailing. Not the case here. And before any of you get all defensive about it, several visiting writers have brought up this topic to me this season.

When you can hear a pin drop from my living room the rink is pretty damn quite. You don't have to be there to see that. The sabres are hanging onto a 1 goal lead and the crowd is literally silent. What Gives?

You've been pushing this for a while now. Gerbe is stronger on the puck than Ennis, especially along the boards. I'm sure you can give me all the stats in the world to show me why Gerbe shouldn't be out there, but I'll just give you one, Since Gerbe was put on the first line, the Sabres have earned 7 of 8 points.

Frankly, I can't stand Gerbe, but you do make two really strong points: (1) He IS, in fact, stronger on the puck than Ennis right now (but I think Ennis has the bigger upside and ultimately, will be better); (2) Don't mess with 7/8. Just don't.

So I guess Hefty Smurf stays around for now.

I'm going to keep pushing it, there's no way he deserves to be on that line. I really think that LINDY should give MANCARI a couple of shifts up there, he's insisting that he wants MANCARI to start scoring, what about GERBE. GERBE's taken CONNELLY's place as LINDY's little pet.