GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Finally. FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DirecTV finished with the install. This will be the first game this season where I'll have the pleasure of watching on a screen bigger than 13.1" in the comfort of my own home.

Sabres better show up. I'm on an emotional speed boat right now. If they crash and burn I don't know how I'll cope.

beer x more = coping mechanism

Man, it seems like the gameday threads have sort of died recently...oh well...GO CODY!!!!

Kind of like the arena the last few years.

Here's Mike Harrington's brutally honest assessment:

End-1st: In front of a library-quiet crowd (WHAT IS UP, PEOPLE?), the Sabres have a 1-0 lead after 20 minutes as the Sharks have a 12-9 edge in shots. I really have no idea what the deal is here. This has become the quietest rink in the league, which shows the disconnect the fans have with this team just keeps growing. I couldn't hear myself think for just about the entire game Tuesday in Boston, even when the Bruins were trailing. Not the case here. And before any of you get all defensive about it, several visiting writers have brought up this topic to me this season.

End-1st: In front of a library-quiet crowd (WHAT IS UP, PEOPLE?), the Sabres have a 1-0 lead after 20 minutes as the Sharks have a 12-9 edge in shots. I really have no idea what the deal is here. This has become the quietest rink in the league, which shows the disconnect the fans have with this team just keeps growing. I couldn't hear myself think for just about the entire game Tuesday in Boston, even when the Bruins were trailing. Not the case here. And before any of you get all defensive about it, several visiting writers have brought up this topic to me this season.

Call it pre-Pegula ennui.

Thats what happens when you put a mediocre product out there and spend the offseason trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the fans that you are truly trying to build a contender. This has worked in previous years, but it won't work forever, fans eventually get smarter and see through the bargain bin signings and get real tired of waiting for "the core" to grow up and develop into their "potential"

I'm not one of those people who's going to dispute it because I haven't been to the Arena in a couple years. A shame if true, though.

Happy this was brought up...I truly think a huge reason our crowd is so quiet is our GOD-AWFUL public address announcer. I live down in the DC area but maintain my season tickets in Buffalo. Being a teacher (with my lengthy breaks and horrific salary) see about 5 home Sabres games and 5 Caps games per year. The Caps P.A announcer is awesome! Constantly getting the crowd into the game, but not the annoying "our crowd knows nothing I need to explain the game" garbage.The Verizon Center is always rocking. Meanwhile, the Sabres P.A dude sounds like he should be DJ'n a funeral, which I guess in many ways, he is. He is just terrible, my absolute least favorite "JJJJooooooochenn Heeeeeeeeeechhhhhhhhhhhhhht". If you've ever heard him announce a Jochen goal, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I cringe with hatred every time.