GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Ha ha. Kevin "Tommy" Sylvester.

He is now KTS.

Anyone else detect some tension between Kevin and Mike? Mike playfully jabbed at Kevin for mispronouncing the name of the winner of the trivia contest. When Mike kept at it as Kevin was starting the highlights, Kevin was all, like, "Let it go... leave it be." Or something to that effect. It didn't come off as playful banter. Mike even said, "Is that your way of telling me to shut up?" Mike was joking. I don't think Kevin was at any point.

If he wants to take on Roby, that's fine. He'll lose that one in the sphere of public opinion every time.

Anyone else detect some tension between Kevin and Mike? Mike playfully jabbed at Kevin for mispronouncing the name of the winner of the trivia contest. When Mike kept at it as Kevin was starting the highlights, Kevin was all, like, "Let it go... leave it be." Or something to that effect. It didn't come off as playful banter. Mike even said, "Is that your way of telling me to shut up?" Mike was joking. I don't think Kevin was at any point.

If he wants to take on Roby, that's fine. He'll lose that one in the sphere of public opinion every time.

If Roby could facewash Kevy every now and then, I would enjoy the program more.

Is that an alright thing to do to a deaf dumb and blind kid during a post-game?

As long as u give him a warning punch in the nuts first.

Roby, I won't call Cellino and Barnes if you use my idea.

Happy this was brought up...I truly think a huge reason our crowd is so quiet is our GOD-AWFUL public address announcer. I live down in the DC area but maintain my season tickets in Buffalo. Being a teacher (with my lengthy breaks and horrific salary) see about 5 home Sabres games and 5 Caps games per year. The Caps P.A announcer is awesome! Constantly getting the crowd into the game, but not the annoying "our crowd knows nothing I need to explain the game" garbage.The Verizon Center is always rocking. Meanwhile, the Sabres P.A dude sounds like he should be DJ'n a funeral, which I guess in many ways, he is. He is just terrible,

I'm with you on that it really has a gay kind of ring to it. almost like he's been Chokin on Jochen.

Since he's down to only smell and touch, there's a very limited list of things you can do to get his attention.

Just thought it would be a nice time to point out that Sekera is having a really nice week.

He's been fast, physical, and seems to be maturing into the role. And boy can he cover a lot of ice.

I hope this doesn't jinx Saturday, but Reggie or Butler controversy seems to be pretty much buried.

Shakira-Shakira!

Most def. Another point is how much better Myers is with Shakira by his side. I think early on Myers thought he had to do it all. Always had to take the puck up ice, join the rush, be the rush. Now he picks and chooses more, is able to pass to Shakira to get the puck up, and is able to play defensively more.

I'm also noticing he uses his stick more. That was/is his strength and he seemed to abandon it early on.

Just thought it would be a nice time to point out that Sekera is having a really nice week.

He's been fast, physical, and seems to be maturing into the role. And boy can he cover a lot of ice.

I hope this doesn't jinx Saturday, but Reggie or Butler controversy seems to be pretty much buried.

Good call, although I haven't seen much physicality from Reggie. His speed is terrific, though, and his puckhandling is good-to-very good and sometimes excellent. Both Sekera and Weber have really progressed this year, albeit still subject to the occasional young defenseman blunder. Butler is still too up-and-down, but the signs are there that he can be a solid NHL defenseman.

Shakira-Shakira!

Most def. Another point is how much better Myers is with Shakira by his side. I think early on Myers thought he had to do it all. Always had to take the puck up ice, join the rush, be the rush. Now he picks and chooses more, is able to pass to Shakira to get the puck up, and is able to play defensively more.

I'm also noticing he uses his stick more. That was/is his strength and he seemed to abandon it early on.

Another good call. They've been very good together. I think Myers is more comfortable that Reggie can use his speed to cover for him (in the same way that Tallinder used to cover for him with his range). Also, Reggie is just as offensively aggressive as Myers, which takes the offensive pressure off of Myers and frees him up to hang back a bit more.

Separately: Ennis has a ton of potential, but he's making too many Max-like mistakes at this point. It was his failure to clear the defensive zone that led directly to SJ's 2nd or 3rd goal last night. And I totally agree with not taking Gerbe off of Roy's line as long as the team is doing well. Gerbe needs to start cashing in some of his chances though if he wants to keep his ice time when Stafford and TC return.

Not ready to admit that he's a top 4 defenseman, eh?

I could, but why lie to myself and you? He has been less of a train wreck this year than he was last year. A legit top four defense-man? Not on a quality team. Not on a contender. I see Montador rated as a top four defense-man the same as considering the Sabres in a good position because they are only 5 points out of eight place. Just more settling for the mediocre standard that has somehow become acceptable. Much like a "lovable" 2-10 Bills team.

I could, but why lie to myself and you? He has been less of a train wreck this year than he was last year. A legit top four defense-man? Not on a quality team. Not on a contender. I see Montador rated as a top four defense-man the same as considering the Sabres in a good position because they are only 5 points out of eight place. Just more settling for the mediocre standard that has somehow become acceptable. Much like a "lovable" 2-10 Bills team.

I agree -- not on a real contender. But he's played well enough this year to be top 4 on probably half the teams in the NHL.

For the record, I don't (and I would best most here don't) consider the Sabres to be in good position. I do think their defense is playing much better, from #1 to #6, than they were in the first month of the season though.

Do you prefer Lydman or Spacek? Both are on top pairs at the moment.

Montador has been playing on a second pair pretty well.