Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

gotta beat the teams in front of you when you are chasin the pack.

uphill battle for this team, second of back to backs on the road against a team that has been playing solid hockey in front of a hot goalie(Price).

surprise me Bflo.

Let's hope they get it done tonight.

They need to go on a 6 of 10, 7 of 10 run and sustain it. This is almost must win given the hill they need to climb.

Good goalie, good defence, pretty damn good offensive team too. Gut check time.

Can't wait to watch this one.

I don't think anyone is saying that they've been eliminated. What I and some others have said is that the situation the sabres are in is substantially worse than trailing one team by 4 points.

Either way, it's time to start beating Montreal, Boston and the other good EC teams uf we want to see a team capable of making some noise this year.

First good snow of the year. Saturday night in Montreal. Feels like hockey season -- would feel like hopeful hockey season again if the Sabres won. This building has been pretty kind to them.

No snow here in the DC area, but the temps are dropping enough to fire up the logs in the fireplace and it is finally starting to feel like hockey season. Let's hope the seasons isn't over for the Sabres (considering their performance do date).

I don't think anyone is saying that they've been eliminated. What I and some others have said is that the situation the sabres are in is substantially worse than trailing one team by 4 points.

Don't bother. They're using their heart, you are using your head. You'll never understand where each other is coming from.

They need to go on a 6 of 10, 7 of 10 run and sustain it. This is almost must win given the hill they need to climb.

Good goalie, good defence, pretty damn good offensive team too. Gut check time.

Can't wait to watch this one.

Sadly, runs "6 of 10 or 7 of 10" doesn't even get the team back to .500.

What they need most tonight is to duplicate the effort of the first 20 minutes of last nights game. If Weber can maintain his level of play and Myers can regain most of the form he showed as a rookie it changes the dynamic of the defense. Leopold is proving to be a Jason Wooley type of defenseman. I mean that in a good way. Sekera has been solid on the puck as of late. Montador has been much better than he was last year.

I would almost say there could be hope for this season if only Regier would actually do something and address the issues at forward.

Sadly, runs "6 of 10 or 7 of 10" doesn't even get the team back to .500.

I said that because they need to be playing around .650 for the rest of the season to be in a reasonable spot to battle for the 8th position. And no time like the present to get started on it.

I said that because they need to be playing around .650 for the rest of the season to be in a reasonable spot to battle for the 8th position. And no time like the present to get started on it.

That's like the rule of thumb for saving for retirement, the later you start, the more you have to save.

Let's hoe it's not too late for the Sabres.

If we play at a .650 clip for the remainder of the season, we'll have 100 points (assuming 3 or 4 of our losses are in OT) and fight for the division crown, not just the playoffs. Things aren't THAT desperate yet haha.

I hear ya. For me it's not about seeing this team just get enough points to back into the playoffs. Last night they showed they can add a physical aspect to their game. That edge can be the difference between just being another team and being a team that can do something in the playoffs. I am not downplaying the importance of offense. Solid goaltending and a tough physical defense is hard to beat in a 7 game series.

That's like the rule of thumb for saving for retirement, the later you start, the more you have to save.

Let's hoe it's not too late for the Sabres.

Let's hope that the Sabres are willing to use the remainder of that cap space to add to a forward ranks that sorely needs a couple of legit "top six" forwards.

If we play at a .650 clip for the remainder of the season, we'll have 100 points (assuming 3 or 4 of our losses are in OT) and fight for the division crown, not just the playoffs. Things aren't THAT desperate yet haha.

OK, .600 gets them to 90pts. They'll need 85-90 pts in all likelihood to make the show. Close enough for top of my head.