Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Ditto on the Miller comments. Very sharp night.

I know goalies with shutouts always get the stars but Miller wasn't in my top three Sabres tonight. Weber, Kaleta and Gaustad should have been the three stars tonight. They got things going and were the catalyst for the first two power play goals.

my goodness the horror does continue, in the last 19 games against Leafs the Sabres have won 16.... now that is not nice at all... 'almost makes a person mad... almost

Any hope in Leaf ville? Clarke MacArtur on top line?

Kaberle and Kessel seem to be the only skaters with talent and the Swedish Monster is basically a monstrosity. Yikes!!

I walked into the room and saw the score with a few minutes left and said, "I wonder how they'll blow the shoutout this time?". I swear to God 10 seconds later it was in the net. :doh:

I said the same exact thing at about the same exact time and when it happened, I wasn't surprised. I wonder how many other Sabres fans experienced the same thing?

I said the same exact thing at about the same exact time and when it happened, I wasn't surprised. I wonder how many other Sabres fans experienced the same thing?

I didn't bother calling it tonight, but believe me when I say I've called my fair share of blown shutouts with under 5 minutes to go.

Still, that was a great feed by Leopold. Right on the tape.

A few other game notes:

1. Miller was very sharp. I wonder whether we'll see him tonight (and then miss another game or 2 with a flareup).

2. I thought Adam looked pretty good.

3. It's still early in Gerbe's career, but I am disappointed in how little offense he is adding.

4. That was the best complete game I've seen from Weber. If he keeps it up we won't see Rivet or Butler any time soon.

5. Kaleta really brought it last night.

6. The Leafs look like a bottom 5 team again.

Horrible second, great hockey otherwise, and, oh PA: 'twas loud as usual.

The two buds fans sitting behind me were ok. They weren't jerks; they were fun to hang with and banter with.

Hmmm, who was making all that noise?

You are truly ridiculous when it comes to this subject.

Hmmm, who was making all that noise?

You are truly ridiculous when it comes to this subject.

Even if you want to go to the local rag, the News had a few notes in today's paper about the crowd. As in, loud, pro-Buffalo, and excited.

Such a hater. And on fans of your team, too. Sad, sad, sad PA.

Even if you want to go to the local rag, the News had a few notes in today's paper about the crowd. As in, loud, pro-Buffalo, and excited.

Such a hater. And on fans of your team, too. Sad, sad, sad PA.

It was the "as usual" that made me comment. The building was loud, for sure. But you are effin nuts if you're going to come here and tell your fellow Sabre fans the arena is always that loud. You will lose that argument every time. But, go for it.