Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Boy, that sure is a bucket of cold water dumped over the head.

Maybe Lindy just needs to find more podiums to pound his fist on.

Hasek+

Hasek+

Hasek+

Hasek+

No Hasek-

No Hasek-

No Hasek-

Lockout rules change+

Lockout rules change+

Old NHL-

Old NHL-

Miller geeked for olympics+

Old NHL-

I think that sums up the reign of terror

Just for shits and giggles:

Stanley Cup winners' record on December 1, last 10 seasons:

Chicago 17-6-3

Pittsburgh 14-6-3

Detroit 18-6-2

Anaheim 19-2-6

Carolina 16-7-1

Tampa Bay 11-4-4-1

New Jersey 13-6-1-1

Detroit 22-4-1-1

Colorado 18-4-3-0

New Jersey 12-6-3-2

Just a reality check, Jack. Lindy said this team was a contender, and the franchise's oft-stated goal is to win a Cup. The standard must be held a lot higher than squeaking into eighth place.

While those are interesting numbers and certainly show the gap between the Sabres and a true cup contender, they don't disprove my point. I'm not saying Buffalo is a legitimate cup contender, but that they are capable of making playoffs. If you can find me the records of the 7th & 8th place teams for each of those years, they'd be much more relevant and would really shed some light on how much of a chance Buffalo really has to qualify.

While those are interesting numbers and certainly show the gap between the Sabres and a true cup contender, they don't disprove my point. I'm not saying Buffalo is a legitimate cup contender, but that they are capable of making playoffs. If you can find me the records of the 7th & 8th place teams for each of those years, they'd be much more relevant and would really shed some light on how much of a chance Buffalo really has to qualify.

You can use Google too you know. I mean, it is *your* point that you are trying to prove. PA made his point with data already. ;)

Here, I'll help. But I'm not going back 10 seasons cuz it's a pain in the ass. How about since the lockout?

2005-6 8th place Tampa Bay on Dec 1 were 14-10-3

2006-7 Islanders 12-9-3

2007-8 Boston 13-9-2

2008-9 Canadiens 13-6-2

2009-10 Montreal/Philly 12-13-2 / 13-10-1

Buffalo Sabres current record: 8-12-3

You're welcome.

They have a very large hill to climb. Is it possible? yes. Is it likely? no.

We need some goals, I know that the ROY, VANEK, ENNIS line is not the French Connection, but they are the only combination that has had some success together. Why is it that LINDY insist on putting anyone but ENNIS on that line (I know they were together for a couple of shifts last game), is this LINDY using ENNIS as his whipping boy, any mistake by him is going to get him tossed from the top line. Why can't we ever stick with the same line combos, other than the C-H-P line ? The idea of spreading out the top players is obviously not working, put together a top line and ride them to some goals.