Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Rewind to the last New Jersey game. Again, here we are with a chance that this team goes off the deep end with a loss. They avoided that with the NJ win and went on a little roll. A loss to Toronto at home tonight spells disaster for this team going forward. A win at least keeps the chances for 8 spot.....

Not sure where u saw that. Caffeine is actually a remedy.

I wouldn't think anything that constricts blood vessels would help.

But it's the Internet. You'll see all kind of information.

They really are mysterious things, ocular migraines. Remember, these may or may not be accompanied by headaches.

I wouldn't think anything that constricts blood vessels would help.

But it's the Internet. You'll see all kind of information.

They really are mysterious things, ocular migraines. Remember, these may or may not be accompanied by headaches.

You are correct. I read it on several sites regarding the triggers of these noggin knockers.

It's getting harder and harder to justify coming back to this site every day. I'm soo sick of reading all you goon's posts about how the Sabres are "already out of playoff contention," or how they can't lose a game for the rest of the year just to compete for the 8th spot. To be honest, I wish you'd all just shut the ###### up about playoffs for now, because it's NOVEMBER and the Sabres are FOUR POINTS (not FORTY) out of a playoff spot. I don't know what kind of math you guys are doing to establish that the Sabres can't make up FOUR POINTS in 50+ games, but it just needs to stop. I think I'd rather sacrifice the two points and have the Sabres lose tonight as long as it means all you morons would quit posting -- because after all, a loss tonight means we can't qualify for playoffs, right? So I'll be looking forward to talking to you guys again in June.

I mean seriously... all you people who think it's some fresh new original idea to sit there and say your team can't make playoffs after roughly 1/4 of the season, just TAKE A STEP BACK and think out loud if you have to. This team will make up 4 points, 6 points, 8 points with ease. Teams like Toronto, Atlanta, Ottawa -- they aren't going to be perfect the rest of the year. They'll have their losing streaks just like we did to start the season. There is NOTHING to worry about, and yet every day the discussion is the same here... a bunch of drones trying to look smart by buying into the whole "sabres can't make playoffs" lunacy.

anyway talk to you folks later, go sabres

It's getting harder and harder to justify coming back to this site every day. I'm soo sick of reading all you goon's posts about how the Sabres are "already out of playoff contention," or how they can't lose a game for the rest of the year just to compete for the 8th spot. To be honest, I wish you'd all just shut the ###### up about playoffs for now, because it's NOVEMBER and the Sabres are FOUR POINTS (not FORTY) out of a playoff spot. I don't know what kind of math you guys are doing to establish that the Sabres can't make up FOUR POINTS in 50+ games, but it just needs to stop. I think I'd rather sacrifice the two points and have the Sabres lose tonight as long as it means all you morons would quit posting -- because after all, a loss tonight means we can't qualify for playoffs, right? So I'll be looking forward to talking to you guys again in June.

I mean seriously... all you people who think it's some fresh new original idea to sit there and say your team can't make playoffs after roughly 1/4 of the season, just TAKE A STEP BACK and think out loud if you have to. This team will make up 4 points, 6 points, 8 points with ease. Teams like Toronto, Atlanta, Ottawa -- they aren't going to be perfect the rest of the year. They'll have their losing streaks just like we did to start the season. There is NOTHING to worry about, and yet every day the discussion is the same here... a bunch of drones trying to look smart by buying into the whole "sabres can't make playoffs" lunacy.

I actually don't care about the 2 or 4 or 6 points. I just want to see them play some good hockey. Heck, for tonight I'll take just seeing them score a single goal,.. baby steps. :ph34r:

1. It's much harder to make up 4 points on 4 teams than it is on 1 team.

2. The games in hand make it more difficult.

3. The atrocious play of the "top 6" other than Roy and sporadically Vanek make it even more difficult.

4. Threatening to withhold your posts may not be as big a deterrent as you think it is.

Jack...

They are 30% into the season and have 19 points.

They need 74 points in 59 games for a realistic shot at #8

When Tim Connolly was taking remedial math back in high school.....and his average was 50 on January 3rd.....The math teacher knew it was going to be a longshot for him to pass the class, let alone get an A in it.

I am proud of the majority of the board to finally reach a point in their fandom where they understand sometimes being a real fan means stepping up out of the la-la land of blind support, and demanding some sort of effort from top down before they keep feeding the junkie's habbit. Larry Quinn and the Sabres are on the run right now. They are cutting prices on tickets and running gimmick promotions almost every game now. Like I said in the preseason.....the 16,000 season ticket holders is smoke and mirrors.....the city is tired of giving up their hard earned $$$ to watch Darcy spend his days helping his son with his backswing instead of helping this team grow a pair.

We are so used to watching crap that everyone gets excited when the team puts up an honest effort for a few consecutive games. It's not good enough. It should have never been good enough. And now the cupboard is so bare that even with an honest effort this team falls short regularly.

I've been sick for 4 years Jack.....and for once, I smell blood in the water and the sharks are circling HSBC. Larry's on the run....and in the best interests of SabreNation....this needs to bottom out NOW.

If the Sabres lose tonight, they are a confirmed bad team in my opinion, effort and talent aside. They will have cememnted their downtrend on Carp's charts and will be lucky to finish the season near 80 points.

Papa doesn't hand out cookies to spoiled brats and reward them for stopping a temper tantrum. You only re-enforce their lackluster behavior.

1. It's much harder to make up 4 points on 4 teams than it is on 1 team.

2. The games in hand make it more difficult.

3. The atrocious play of the "top 6" other than Roy and sporadically Vanek make it even more difficult.

4. Threatening to withhold your posts may not be as big a deterrent as you think it is.

We're four points out of 8th place (not one team, not five teams, just eighth place, period) with 7 months left in the season. I don't care how many teams we have to catch up to or how many games in hand they have. Teams go on win streaks, teams go on losing streaks -- every team goes through it over the course of the season and it will balance out. Yes our offense has to pick it up but a loss tonight to Toronto doesn't mean the season over and I'm sick of reading about that every single game, followed by every thread created in between games.

Also, I didn't threaten to withhold my posts from anywhere -- reading and comprehension skills are key to posting on message boards.

Jack...

They are 30% into the season and have 19 points.

They need 74 points in 59 games for a realistic shot at #8

It's different every year. Some years you can qualify with 85 points, other years you need 95. But even based on your prediction: If Buffalo wins 30 (roughly 50%) of our remaining games, there's 60 of those 74 points. If they win 35 games (less than 60% of games remaining), there's 70 points. Factor in a few inevitable OT losses and we've made up those 74 points.

I don't think it's all that far-fetched for a fairly talented team with the best goalie in the world to win 60% of their games from here on out.

We're four points out of 8th place (not one team, not five teams, just eighth place, period) with 7 months left in the season. I don't care how many teams we have to catch up to or how many games in hand they have. Teams go on win streaks, teams go on losing streaks -- every team goes through it over the course of the season and it will balance out. Yes our offense has to pick it up but a loss tonight to Toronto doesn't mean the season over and I'm sick of reading about that every single game, followed by every thread created in between games.

Also, I didn't threaten to withhold my posts from anywhere -- reading and comprehension skills are key to posting on message boards.

It's different every year. Some years you can qualify with 85 points, other years you need 95. But even based on your prediction: If Buffalo wins 30 (roughly 50%) of our remaining games, there's 60 of those 74 points. If they win 35 games (less than 60% of games remaining), there's 70 points. Factor in a few inevitable OT losses and we've made up those 74 points.

I don't think it's all that far-fetched for a fairly talented team with the best goalie in the world to win 60% of their games from here on out.

We can shuffle wins around on paper, but it has to start happening with regularity on the ice. Above all, Miller has to start playing like a Vezina winner again.

I like your optimism, but the rest of us really aren't wrong. For just 20 games in, they are in deep doo-doo already.

Winning 6 out of every 10 the rest of the way out is a pretty torrid pace. Frankly, I don't believe it is realistic when you consider that is about the pace the division leaders are setting right now.

Problem is, I (and alot of others here) don't believe the Sabres are a fairly talented team this year and "the best goalie in the world" can be debated doesn't play for Buffalo this year and may have a chronic injury he is dealing with right now.

We're four points out of 8th place (not one team, not five teams, just eighth place, period) with 7 months left in the season. I don't care how many teams we have to catch up to or how many games in hand they have. Teams go on win streaks, teams go on losing streaks -- every team goes through it over the course of the season and it will balance out.

Oh, and whether you want to care about it or not, it really does matter that there are 4 teams to leapfrog that have games in hand. Up until this point those teams are collecting points at a faster rate than Buffalo is. You are not condemning us for thinking Buffalo can't pick up a few extra points, you are condemning us for noticing that 4 other teams have to perform worse than us over the rest of the season.

The statistics involved don't favor your argument.

Just sayin'...

Just for shits and giggles:

Stanley Cup winners' record on December 1, last 10 seasons:

Chicago 17-6-3

Pittsburgh 14-6-3

Detroit 18-6-2

Anaheim 19-2-6

Carolina 16-7-1

Tampa Bay 11-4-4-1

New Jersey 13-6-1-1

Detroit 22-4-1-1

Colorado 18-4-3-0

New Jersey 12-6-3-2

Just a reality check, Jack. Lindy said this team was a contender, and the franchise's oft-stated goal is to win a Cup. The standard must be held a lot higher than squeaking into eighth place.

Just for shits and giggles:

Stanley Cup winners' record on December 1, last 10 seasons:

Chicago 17-6-3

Pittsburgh 14-6-3

Detroit 18-6-2

Anaheim 19-2-6

Carolina 16-7-1

Tampa Bay 11-4-4-1

New Jersey 13-6-1-1

Detroit 22-4-1-1

Colorado 18-4-3-0

New Jersey 12-6-3-2

Just a reality check, Jack. Lindy said this team was a contender, and the franchise's oft-stated goal is to win a Cup. The standard must be held a lot higher than squeaking into eighth place.

Boy, that sure is a bucket of cold water dumped over the head.

Maybe Lindy just needs to find more podiums to pound his fist on.