I'm not trying to stir up trouble...

nfreeman

I think Lindy will start Marty and not go back to Miller until we lose or Marty lets in 3 or more. This is not necessarily my preference; just my prediction based on how Lindy handled the goalies earlier this year.

A few other notes from today's game:

1. just when I was starting to get worried about the Connolly/Kotalik/Pominville line being too quiet, they produce a bunch of points tonight. I thought Kotalik in particular played very well.

2. I think Kalinin is back in the lineup to stay.

3. Vanek's 2nd goal was in the top 5 on the sweetest-goal-of-the-year list. After a pretty slow start to the year, he's got 23 and you certainly wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with 30.

4. The Bruins really stink. They've just packed it in after management traded away their best player for the 2nd time this season.

And most importantly: God bless Madeline.

I think Lindy will start Marty and not go back to Miller until we lose or Marty lets in 3 or more. This is not necessarily my preference; just my prediction based on how Lindy handled the goalies earlier this year.

He may very well do that; I think it would be smarter to go with Miller and see if he can recover his game against one of the worst teams in the league. And if Miller can stop Ovechkin a couple of times, it will boost confidence as well.

A few other notes from today's game:

1. just when I was starting to get worried about the Connolly/Kotalik/Pominville line being too quiet, they produce a bunch of points tonight. I thought Kotalik in particular played very well.

2. I think Kalinin is back in the lineup to stay.

3. Vanek's 2nd goal was in the top 5 on the sweetest-goal-of-the-year list. After a pretty slow start to the year, he's got 23 and you certainly wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with 30.

4. The Bruins really stink. They've just packed it in after management traded away their best player for the 2nd time this season.

And most importantly: God bless Madeline.

Miller goes aginst the lowly Caps, I would guess.

1) Love this point! And how about the Kotalik and Vanik power play thing they have going?

2) Yes, Kalinin is diffently apart of this teams present and future

3) Connelly's goal against the Maple Laffs was better, but I called HSBC arena's lost and found tonight to see if they had Boynton's jock strap and it's still missing.

4) I was wondering about that myself. In the NHL the way it is, how could they trade away their quickest player?

Miller goes aginst the lowly Caps, I would guess.

1) Love this point! And how about the Kotalik and Vanik power play thing they have going?

2) Yes, Kalinin is diffently apart of this teams present and future

3) Connelly's goal against the Maple Laffs was better, but I called HSBC arena's lost and found tonight to see if they had Boynton's jock strap and it's still missing.

4) I was wondering about that myself. In the NHL the way it is, how could they trade away their quickest player?

I think Boynton was waiting for Vanek to dive :P I wonder who is going to spear during their next game.

I'd go with Biron. Marty has sat for long stretches this year so I don't think it's a slap in the face to Miller for Marty to start a few in a row. It's clear that shooters have exploited Miller's high glove hand lately and he needs to catch his breath and work on that part of his game in practice.

I'd come back with Miller against the Caps. For those who have short memories, Marty had a 9 game stretch in November when his GAA was 4.00. Miller has had two bad games. Believe me when I say that if the Sabres are going to make a deep run in the playoff, it will be with Miller in the net.

Its hard to say who should get the start

Biron should cause his play has shown he should

Miller shoul;d because he is the starting goalie and you don't want to start messing with the goalies and start a controversy between the 2 of them as to who is the true starter.

Personnall I say start Biron to reward him for his good play and get miller ready for Ottawa (cause it will be a tough game) and call up the guy we got from Chicago before the start of the season to start against Toronto, I wanna see our third (fourth at the start of the season) string goalie beat the Leafs

By the way, I hope the if the Sabres go with a new logo for their new jerseys (when they go back to blue and gold like they said earlier) they use the logo Lord Stanley has in his avatar

Go with Miller. As I mentioned in another thread they were talking about him on XM today, and it sounds like he's working with Corsi on building his patience up so he doesn't go down so quick.

If confidence is his issue, I think that Ruff can help him along by pretty much saying, you had a couple bad starts, but you are still the starter.

I am still looking at this as a slump and not as a flaw. So I don't want to see a goaltender controversey unless one is absolutely necessary, especially this late in the season.

With that being said, if he doesn't snap out of it in the next few games, it might be time to give Marty some more starts.

UPDATE: Lindy was asked in his press conference yesterday about Miller and said, among other things, that he was definitely not changing his goalie rotation. To me that means Miller is starting tonight.

This is a tricky one and frankly it's the kind of call Lindy gets paid to make. Hopelessly's point above about Miller's confidence is a good one; on the other hand, there's something to be said for letting Miller sit for a few games, watch Marty hopefully play well, get PO'd and determined, and maybe when Miller gets back in he's more focused and fired up.

Who knows? I just know we need Miller back at his best to win 16 in the playoffs.

Ottawa is playing Tampa in Ottawa tonight. Tampa won last night in Montreal.

Go Sabres.

Archived