GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Lalime always seems to play the third game in four nights or the 4th in 6. Why not play the better goalie (Miller) when the team is most likely to have the least amount of energy? Play Lalime in the middle games when he would have a fresher team in front of him? I know Miller was injured tonight, but this has never made sense to me. Someone should put this thought in Ruff's head.

Lalime should definitely play more of the 1st games in back-to-backs and let Miller try to carry these losers in the 2nd games.

Lalime should definitely play more of the 1st games in back-to-backs and let Miller try to carry these losers in the 2nd games.

Lalime should not be playing at all. I think Enroth has shown enough that he should be the backup on a full time basis. It's time for Lalime and Rivet to start working on their bucket lists.

Lalime always seems to play the third game in four nights or the 4th in 6. Why not play the better goalie (Miller) when the team is most likely to have the least amount of energy? Play Lalime in the middle games when he would have a fresher team in front of him? I know Miller was injured tonight, but this has never made sense to me. Someone should put this thought in Ruff's head.

I like this thought.

You guys can complain about Lalime all you want. For me, I knew the game was lost as soon as Lindy gave his patented wave off to the refs, cards in hand, when Connolly's goal got called back. Look Lindy, it was not a goal. With Vanek hitting the pipe earlier and Lalime in net, your group of fragile little children just aren't strong enough to keep playing if they see then see their coach giving up as well. Also, maybe if you weren't so fed up with the refs over that, you would have gotten some of those calls later in the game.

Lindy should thank Lalime, He gave him the perfect excuse for the loss. Until this team can win with Lalime in the regular season, they are not going to win in the postseason with Miller.

On the Vanek goal - was that Sabres player coming out of the TB zone onside?

I tried doing a screen cap on NHL.com's replay, but it wasn't good enough to tell. It was very close, but if I had to guess, my answer would be no. It appears that he was just barely off, but by a small fraction of a second.

I tried doing a screen cap on NHL.com's replay, but it wasn't good enough to tell. It was very close, but if I had to guess, my answer would be no. It appears that he was just barely off, but by a small fraction of a second.

What a tough call for the linesman. Honestly, how do you look at two places at once?

I'm amazed they miss so few calls. OTOH, the culture of hockey seems to be not to nitpick offside calls that are close. This extends to the broadcasts, it seems.

I watched Miller give three softies up in the last few games and you guys are on Lalime because he gives one up after having not played in a decade. (ask Lindy why he has not played him. He has had a chance to watch them both (Enroth) and already knows Lalime is better). Give me a break. It happens. It is called goaltending. Lalime gave one up . Get over it, he will. Miller will give up a few dozen more softies before the season is over. He will get over it too. How many big saves did Lalime make to keep his team in that game before he had his mental lapse? Please, please do not try to tell me Enroth is already a better backup. He is not.There are no starters or backups better than Lalime in their AHL stable right now. None on the horizon. The game should have ended 3-1/4-1 Buffalo but it did not. That is not a goaltending problem.

With Miller wounded, possibly for an extended period with groin and knee issues, it is time to find some more offense with a playmaker to pair with Vanek and Ennis. A big scoring left winger would be nice also. A two line threat, oh my. What could the Sabres do with two lines of offense! They are going to need it if they have to play the backups every night. Mr Roy deserves his own shoot first and often, no passing line. Roy,Conolly,Pomminiville,Stafford,and whomever on the number two line.