GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Flying down the ice with blood coming out of your mouth and then blasting the puck past the goalie? Awesome.

QFT

I think the letter C will cover any blood stain on Vanek's jersey.

Almost a second goal out of the box. Looks like he came to play again tonight...

40 years of Sabres hockey... that Vanek goal has to belong on a very short list of Coolest Goals.

Yep, loving the HD. It was all I could do to not reach out and pull that strand of fabric off Stamkos' back.

Ahhh found the adult channels did we now...

And then decides not to take his man in the defensive end... why is he not a healthy scratch?

????? Maybe I missed something but Connolly was back and was the only one in position to make a play, but it was virtually a three on one and the Tampa player deflected it in. The turnover his fault, but this "Connolly doesn't back check" has got to stop. There's a reason he was the forward out there in last night's 5-on-3 PK

Downie avoided one by keeping his gloves on - my money says Gaustad flattens him tonight.

I've never given that much thought to this call. But I checked the rule book -- there doesn't seem to be anything in there about getting an unsportsmanlike for dropping your gloves when the opponent doesn't. Instigator, yes.

And I think Downie's behavior there comes very close to embellishment. He sure looked like he was going to start fighting.

Shades of gray.

????? Maybe I missed something but Connolly was back and was the only one in position to make a play, but it was virtually a three on one and the Tampa player deflected it in. The turnover his fault, but this "Connolly doesn't back check" has got to stop. There's a reason he was the forward out there in last night's 5-on-3 PK

Yeah, that kind of analysis bugs me too sometimes. It's like we fans expect players to defy physics and travel 20 feet in .5 seconds. It was just a nice goal.

Glove pass from Pommer. Puck was in the air and Pommer just swatted at it and it happened to land right in front of Timmy near the crease.

Was a great call by the refs.. Bad result for the good guys, but it was definitely a glove pass.