GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

One shift, One period, One game at a time.

Let's let loose.

Tonight would be a nice time to see that game where all the previous games missed chances find the back of the net.

Let's go B'lo

Tonight would be a nice night to win in regulation :) Stress of all the OTs is getting too me. Too early for all this pressure!

Ok, I'm gonna say it. If we take two points from the Caps today, I'll consider the team to be playoff material once again. The horrible start, power play and penalty kill issues...all those get erased for me if we win tonight because bad teams don't take 6 out of 6 points against Capitals, Canucks, Capitals.

That said, a loss won't necessarily convince me we're a bad team, but a flat effort will seriously disappoint me.

Are any other out-of-town DirecTV folks NOT seeing the game listed on Center Ice? Usually by now they have any kinks worked out ... it's listed on 638 and 643 but those are supposed blacked out when you are out of market ... although there have been times I have seen games on them ...

FWIW, I've seen the Sabres on 638 almost every game this season, and I'm out of market (although I'm in NYC, which is MSG territory, so maybe I'm not really out of market?).

I think the Sabres need a blowout one of these days. 6-1 Buffalo after a 4 goal first period. #predictions

You realize they are playing one of the best teams in the NHL, right? And that team is going to be PO'd about losing to the Sabres a week ago? And their best player, who is either the best or 2nd-best player in the league, is going to be PO'd about being invisible in that game? Or do you think the great Tim Connolly is going to take over this game and shut down Ovi in the process?

If the Sabres win, it will be because they play great team defense and Miller plays very well. They aren't going to win a track meet with the Capitals.

Ok, I'm gonna say it. If we take two points from the Caps today, I'll consider the team to be playoff material once again. The horrible start, power play and penalty kill issues...all those get erased for me if we win tonight because bad teams don't take 6 out of 6 points against Capitals, Canucks, Capitals.

That said, a loss won't necessarily convince me we're a bad team, but a flat effort will seriously disappoint me.

Good man.

You realize they are playing one of the best teams in the NHL, right? And that team is going to be PO'd about losing to the Sabres a week ago? And their best player, who is either the best or 2nd-best player in the league, is going to be PO'd about being invisible in that game? Or do you think the great Tim Connolly is going to take over this game and shut down Ovi in the process?

blah blah blah washington is good blah blah ovechkin blah blah -- if the Sabres play well for a full 60 minutes they can beat anyone. anyone can beat anyone with a good effort. Sorry that me having faith in my team is so offensive to a fellow "fan."

blah blah blah washington is good blah blah ovechkin blah blah -- if the Sabres play well for a full 60 minutes they can beat anyone. anyone can beat anyone with a good effort. Sorry that me having faith in my team is so offensive to a fellow "fan."

It's not offensive, and I certainly hope you're right and I'm wrong. I also agree that the Sabres can beat anyone if they play a complete game, and I appreciate your faith in this team. However, I just don't think predicting a blowout is realistic. This isn't the Islanders or the Panthers they're playing.

Translation: This game will be a great gut check opportunity for the Sabres. Are they actually rounding into a decent team or did they accidentally just play good hockey for a week?

I'm looking forward to this.

Translation: This game will be a great gut check opportunity for the Sabres. Are they actually rounding into a decent team or did they accidentally just play good hockey for a week?

I'm looking forward to this.

Or are they missing players that don't play good hockey?

FWIW, I've seen the Sabres on 638 almost every game this season, and I'm out of market (although I'm in NYC, which is MSG territory, so maybe I'm not really out of market?).

If the Sabres win, it will be because they play great team defense and Miller plays very well. They aren't going to win a track meet with the Capitals.

Good man.

two words.."Sling Box" if you travel a lot put one on your extra tv cable box.watch your tv from anywhere in the world.

Are any other out-of-town DirecTV folks NOT seeing the game listed on Center Ice? Usually by now they have any kinks worked out ... it's listed on 638 and 643 but those are supposed blacked out when you are out of market ... although there have been times I have seen games on them ...

As of last night, I am seeing the same thing you are. No feed for the basic CI channels (770+). However, I am in the Crapitals local market, so I get the game on Comcast Sports (629 or so) but only in SD. They have NBA on the HD channel. GRRRRRRRR!!!

As of last night, I am seeing the same thing you are. No feed for the basic CI channels (770+). However, I am in the Crapitals local market, so I get the game on Comcast Sports (629 or so) but only in SD. They have NBA on the HD channel. GRRRRRRRR!!!

The game might be on the NHL Network tonight so it wouldn't show up on Center Ice

If were going to get a win tonight the game is on the first lines back. We really need the second and to a lesser extent the fourth line to step up their play if we are to ever win in regulation. Don't know as thats going to happen and just don't beleive you beat the Caps

twice in a tough three game stretch. Caps 6-3! but hope I'm wrong.

two words.."Sling Box" if you travel a lot put one on your extra tv cable box.watch your tv from anywhere in the world.

Well the problem is not that I am traveling but that I live out of town ... if the game never makes it to my TV, a slingbox isn't going to help no matter where I am.

The game might be on the NHL Network tonight so it wouldn't show up on Center Ice

Checked that, it's not there either. We'll see what happens I guess, hopefully since I have the sports package and Center ice it will show up on either MSG or CSN ...

I checked the Directv listings and the Sabres-Caps game is not showing up on CI, VS or NHL Network. Not a good sign. I will tune into MSG (yes, it usually works here in Texas), cross my fingers, and see what comes on. It does say something about the Sabres-Caps game tonight (Upcoming) but that doesn't mean it will be shown; it might be blacked out. Anyway, I'll try 638 and 215 and see if it comes up there.

I checked the Directv listings and the Sabres-Caps game is not showing up on CI, VS or NHL Network. Not a good sign. I will tune into MSG (yes, it usually works here in Texas), cross my fingers, and see what comes on. It does say something about the Sabres-Caps game tonight (Upcoming) but that doesn't mean it will be shown; it might be blacked out. Anyway, I'll try 638 and 215 and see if it comes up there.

Nice picture. I think more folks should follow our lead and use their real pics as their avatars.

I wouldn't count on CONNOLLY for anything, but I do believe that MONTADOR had a big part of shutting down OVIE last week and hopefully they'll have him matched up again.