GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Tonight will be different.. Buffalo blows them out 7-2.

Wow wish I had your optimism.

Reading Miller talking about his hip sounding less then 100% he is healed vs. having to learn to overcome it isn't convincing me. Not sure he might not be coming back a tad to soon or is foregoing surgery so he doesn't miss the season.

This team has learned to rely too much on Miller over the last two years and still hasn't convinced me. They have not beat a really good team in recent memory and unlike Buffalo, Washington bury's their chances and can beat us playing only one good period.

Unless Washington comes out and plays a stinker I am guessing they keep us winless at home.

Wow wish I had your optimism.

Reading Miller talking about his hip sounding less then 100% he is healed vs. having to learn to overcome it isn't convincing me. Not sure he might not be coming back a tad to soon or is foregoing surgery so he doesn't miss the season.

This team has learned to rely too much on Miller over the last two years and still hasn't convinced me. They have not beat a really good team in recent memory and unlike Buffalo, Washington bury's their chances and can beat us playing only one good period.

Unless Washington comes out and plays a stinker I am guessing they keep us winless at home.

That's so sad and so true :(

That's so sad and so true :(

And unfortunately, it's exactly the reason we'll lose this game. The Sabres' good periods involve us scrapping for pucks, getting a bunch of pucks on goal and exiting with a 1-0 lead or tied 1-1 for the period. Washington, on the other hand, will go up 3-0 on you before you have a chance to get home and turn on the tv. Their explosiveness combined with our penalty kill issues spells bad news for me.

Hopefully I'm dead wrong.

Another trip down to the arena tonight 4 me. My guess is the fans are going to be better for this one. After getting 5 of 6 points on the 'road trip' the Sabres win at home, finally.

The Sabres are 6-4-0 in Buffalo in their last 10 games vs. Caps. 1-1-0 at home last season.

There is no reason the Sabres can't beat them tonight. NONE!

NOW LET'S PLAY SOME HOCKEY !!!

ps. after tonight's festivities I may not post until at least 3pm tomorrow. :beer:

Another trip down to the arena tonight 4 me. My guess is the fans are going to be better for this one. After getting 5 of 6 points on the 'road trip' the Sabres win at home, finally.

The Sabres are 6-4-0 in Buffalo in their last 10 games vs. Caps. 1-1-0 at home last season.

There is no reason the Sabres can't beat them tonight. NONE!

NOW LET'S PLAY SOME HOCKEY !!!

ps. after tonight's festivities I may not post until at least 3pm tomorrow. :beer:

I agree, enjoy the game spndnchz,

GO SABRES!!!

Tonight will be different.. Buffalo blows them out 7-2.

I would like to see the Sabres come and play a open run and gun style. The Sabres pretend they have all this talent in their "core" or "top six" players. It would be nice for Ruff to start coaching like it. They don't have the heart or toughness to play strong defensive hockey. If this team has actual talent let's see it in all of it's glory.

Why is Miller starting? You have a goalie that just won 5 out of 6 points? Enroth should keep playing. The Sabres could have their own Rask/Thomas situation here.

Miller still gives you the best chance to win. IMO.

But if I were an opposing coach against Enroth I'd be telling the team to shoot stick side on him.

Its a little like a starting baseball pitcher does pretty well first few starts until hitters have a book.

Why is Miller starting? You have a goalie that just won 5 out of 6 points? Enroth should keep playing. The Sabres could have their own Rask/Thomas situation here.

I agree that Miller shouldn't be playing if he's unhealthy. But if he is healthy, it's not as if Enroth was lighting the world on fire. Made a few key saves, sure, and prevented games from getting out of hand, but he did allow 9 goals during that 3-game stretch you mentioned.

I agree that Miller shouldn't be playing if he's unhealthy. But if he is healthy, it's not as if Enroth was lighting the world on fire. Made a few key saves, sure, and prevented games from getting out of hand, but he did allow 9 goals during that 3-game stretch you mentioned.

I'm not saying Enroth is a world beater. I think the kid earned this start. Simply put, he won some points. If Lalime was in net I doubt the Sabres get any of the five points they did.

I'm not saying Enroth is a world beater. I think the kid earned this start. Simply put, he won some points. If Lalime was in net I doubt the Sabres get any of the five points they did.

It was just fun to see him play.

If Miller is injured again, I'm betting he's considered #2.

I actually like the idea of a smaller, quicker guy playing backup.

I think they can get in synch quicker.

Although I don't really have any foundation in thinking that bigger goaltenders need more work to stay sharp.

I would like to see the Sabres come and play a open run and gun style. The Sabres pretend they have all this talent in their "core" or "top six" players. It would be nice for Ruff to start coaching like it. They don't have the heart or toughness to play strong defensive hockey. If this team has actual talent let's see it in all of it's glory.

To Ruff's credit, I noticed at the Devils game several times there were Sabres (McCormick most often) at the far blue line waiting for a long pass from our own zone. When I watched it at home, you couldn't even see him on the screen.

I hate the fact that everyone brings up "soft" goals when talking about Lalime. Every goalie let's in "soft" goals (I would argue that there actually are no soft goals in the NHL), even Ryan lets them in. The only difference was that the team kept playing after Ethron let his in (against 3 average/bad teams). With Lalime they grab their bwankies and go cry on the bench.

I should also say that I think it's a really good idea to not start Ethron. I think he would get absolutely blown up by Washington. Let him ride on the confidence he's gotten these past three games and grow on it a little. No need to knock him back down just yet.

Washington my ass. ###### Washington. Who the ###### is Washington? What the ###### have they won?

We fans should be about as intimidated by the Caps as home fans would have been of the Sabres circa 2007.

Much ado about nothing.

This is one of those games where I'd be worried if the Sabres don't show up, big time. "Elite" opponent in town, Miller back in goal, team starting to pick up a little, that big mottzaball sitting there on home ice.

Sabres 4, Caps 2... TC gets an empty netter to seal it. And a PP goal. Miller does one WTF. DD is arrested for breaking into Chz's car and sniffing her front seat.

When a ghastly figure stealthily creeps

And the chariot of the blonde goddess is defiled

A thundering herd will defeat the capital of the beast

To Ruff's credit, I noticed at the Devils game several times there were Sabres (McCormick most often) at the far blue line waiting for a long pass from our own zone. When I watched it at home, you couldn't even see him on the screen.

I hate the fact that everyone brings up "soft" goals when talking about Lalime. Every goalie let's in "soft" goals (I would argue that there actually are no soft goals in the NHL), even Ryan lets them in. The only difference was that the team kept playing after Ethron let his in (against 3 average/bad teams). With Lalime they grab their bwankies and go cry on the bench.

The only difference is that Enroth did enough to get this teams some points. Enroth has gotten 5 points in four starts. Lalime has gotten 9 wins total in his two plus years here in Buffalo. Sure, every goalie lets in soft goals. The difference can be as simple as the timing of those goals Lalime let's in.

Washington my ass. ###### Washington. Who the ###### is Washington? What the ###### have they won?

We fans should be about as intimidated by the Caps as home fans would have been of the Sabres circa 2007.

Much ado about nothing.

This is one of those games where I'd be worried if the Sabres don't show up, big time. "Elite" opponent in town, Miller back in goal, team starting to pick up a little, that big mottzaball sitting there on home ice.

Sabres 4, Caps 2... TC gets an empty netter to seal it. And a PP goal. Miller does one WTF. DD is arrested for breaking into Chz's car and sniffing her front seat.

When a ghastly figure stealthily creeps

And the chariot of the blonde goddess is defiled

A thundering herd will defeat the capital of the beast

It's number is a human number.

It's number is 5-9-3.

The only difference is that Enroth did enough to get this teams some points. Enroth has gotten 5 points in four starts. Lalime has gotten 9 wins total in his two plus years here in Buffalo. Sure, every goalie lets in soft goals. The difference can be as simple as the timing of those goals Lalime let's in.

You mean like with just under a minute left in the period? ;) And he got lucky that there wasn't another goal in that game (that was an awfully fast intent to blow). I still think that if there were real NHL refs for that Rags game, we lose by two in regulation.