GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

There's your trick play. As a player carries the puck across the blue line, he pretends to lose control sending it towards the corner, he then pretends to give up on the play dropping his shoulders and elbows, all the while the puck is moving towards the goal line. When the goalie gives up on the play as well, the shooter races to it and slaps it in.

In my men's league, I was busting between two defensemen near the tops of the circles when I was tripped. As I tripped forward, the puck was out in front of me and I jammed at it hard with one hand on the stick. Just as I did that, the goalie relaxed from his stance, stood straight up and it slid 5-hole. :)

In my men's league, I was busting between two defensemen near the tops of the circles when I was tripped. As I tripped forward, the puck was out in front of me and I jammed at it hard with one hand on the stick. Just as I did that, the goalie relaxed from his stance, stood straight up and it slid 5-hole. :)

Tell us more....I'm going to go get some cognac and lotion.... :wub:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarts

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Pillooooooooooooooooooooooooows!

You should look up the previous spinorama discussion in the archives. it will blow your mind. I'm pretty sure it was carp who tried to explain how the puck is always moving toward the goal line even on a spinorama. I remember my retort was, well what if you're driving down the highway going 70 and throw a ball into the back seat -- isn't the ball going backwards? The answer was no.

If you throw the ball more than 70 mph, yeah, it is going backwards. That's the tricky part with the spinorama. If the player turns faster than he's moving forward, the puck will in fact not be moving forward. I've seen a couple versions where the player does a hard stop at the top of the crease, then spins around. The puck's not moving forward there, but that's why the NHL added that sentence to the end that you pointed out. It isn't the clearest explanation, but I think the spirit of the rule is pretty clear.

If you throw the ball more than 70 mph, yeah, it is going backwards. That's the tricky part with the spinorama. If the player turns faster than he's moving forward, the puck will in fact not be moving forward. I've seen a couple versions where the player does a hard stop at the top of the crease, then spins around. The puck's not moving forward there, but that's why the NHL added that sentence to the end that you pointed out. It isn't the clearest explanation, but I think the spirit of the rule is pretty clear.

What if there is a train going in the opposite direction?