Tuesday Game is an OLN Game

PTS

Most of us better figure this out now because in the playoffs, the Conference Finals will be on OLN.

Which means 27,329 Americans will be able to watch it! The only bad move the NHL did this season is going to a network like OLN.

My best guess would be Dave & Busters at the Eastern Hills Mall will have the game because they are "The Official Home for Buffalo Sabres Away Games."

PTS I'm glad you already asked about the bars in Buffalo with OLN...I was thinking the same thing.

Also, does anyone have any clue what will happen come playoff time?

If memory serves me correctly, the last time the Sabres were in the playoffs, Empire carried the majority of 1st and 2nd round games, with ESPN picking up the Conference Finals and Stanley Cup Finals.

Of course, ESPN isn't acknowledging hockey exists anymore, and Emprie literally doesn't exist.

If I had to guess, I'm thinking that MSG would broadcast the 1st and 2nd round games, with NBC and OLN getting to pick up some "premier" weekend games (basically games featuring any combinations of DET, NYR, PHI, NJ). However in the Conf Finals and Cup finals, what happens? If NBC has the rights I would imagine they'll probably bump all the Conf Finals games to sister stations such as USA, MSNBC and CNBC, as they did with the Olympics.

I've searched in vain over the internet for this information this past week and have come up completely empty.

If you're right about the Conf. Finals being on OLN, WNY is going to go nuts not being able to watch the Sabres make their run!

After all that...no I have no idea what area bars will be carrying Tuesday's game.

I agree that Dave and Busters is an obvious choice...though did you know that the full slogan for D&B is actually the "official money-sapping Boston Pizza American knockoff, that isn't nearly as cool once you're 21 and don't have to go to Canada to drink - headquarters for all road Sabres games"?

I'm pretty sure CENTER ICE will carry the first two rounds, which they have been for 4 years since I've been ordering it. Then it goes national TV for the Conf Championship and Finals.

I'm just guessing here though for Center Ice subscribers.

Most of us better figure this out now because in the playoffs, the Conference Finals will be on OLN.

Which means 27,329 Americans will be able to watch it! The only bad move the NHL did this season is going to a network like OLN.

My best guess would be Dave & Busters at the Eastern Hills Mall will have the game because they are "The Official Home for Buffalo Sabres Away Games."

I am in town for the week, so I will be at Dave and Busters.

Great. Out here in Western Canada, I don't get OLN American version. TSN usually picks up those games, but tonight, they are showing the Canadian Curling championships!!

I have center ice, but they aren't showing it because.........OLN is showing it!!

What a load of crap!! It's all about the fans Gary, isn't that the new NHL? All about the fans? But hell, even when a fan buys center ice, technicalities keep me from seeing what I want. Justify it with some crap about contracts with OLN and their advertisers, blah blah blah...why doesn't center ice just show the OLN telecast?

Great. Out here in Western Canada, I don't get OLN American version. TSN usually picks up those games, but tonight, they are showing the Canadian Curling championships!!

I have center ice, but they aren't showing it because.........OLN is showing it!!

What a load of crap!! It's all about the fans Gary, isn't that the new NHL? All about the fans? But hell, even when a fan buys center ice, technicalities keep me from seeing what I want. Justify it with some crap about contracts with OLN and their advertisers, blah blah blah...why doesn't center ice just show the OLN telecast?

Sorry to hear that Rabbit.

You would think that they would have different criteria for what determines what games are part of the CI package for the US and Canada considering they DON'T have the same network commitments.

For those without tix to the next OLN game (which I think may be against Carolina next week, but I'm unsure), I have an actual answer to the question posed by the original post. I know, I'm breaking tradition with that.

Tried Colter Bay, but no luck. But...

Cozumel, on Elmwood between Allen and North, does have the OLN feed. Great variety of beer and tequila (it's taken me five minutes to type this much); don't eat there, though, unless you have a lot of newspapers to read the next day and a high-flow toilet. Service is excellent, and there's a heated patio for those who smoke. Tobacco only, I understand; ToddKaz, no crack. There's even a parking lot, which is rare for this part of the city.

Most of us in Buffalo would be able to watch the semis on CBC anyway, but if you're stuck for an OLN game, this will work. (EDIT: Again, great service. She was so cute....)

Archived