GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

MATT ELLIS!!!! YES!! I know you guys don't like him but I LOVED him last season and I'm happy that you guys who said he wouldn't even get a call up were wrong!! Maybe he will provide a spark.

Hey - I've always been a big Ellis supporter! Last year he is on the team and they win their division. He's called up and they win a game. There's got to be a correlation! :)

Seriously, he should be known on this board as Ethron from now on. It's just too cool of a misspell. I AM ETHRON. I HAVE COME TO DESTROY YOUR AIR CANADA CENTRE. TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER.

I thought it was some obscure reference to a utilities trading company based in Texas. It makes more sense as Tron's hockey playing brother.

Batboy says this proves Ruff can coach. Ya, we know that, but so can a lot of guys.

Hey - I've always been a big Ellis supporter! Last year he is on the team and they win their division. He's called up and they win a game. There's got to be a correlation! :)

I thought it was some obscure reference to a utilities trading company based in Texas. It makes more sense as Tron's hockey playing brother.

If I had loads of extra cash, I would be sporting a customized Ethron third jersey by the Vancouver game on the fifteenth. That's how much I love that name, even if bobsauve didn't mean it. ETHRON!!!!!

I don't want to be the guy to crap in the nachos right now, but the passing on this team is atrocious. Not just the selection (sometimes there isn't even a guy there), but being able to even collect a pass. It really is terrible.

I don't want to be the guy to crap in the nachos right now, but the passing on this team is atrocious. Not just the selection (sometimes there isn't even a guy there), but being able to even collect a pass. It really is terrible.

They mentioned that on HNIC, the color man stated the bad passes and turners were a result of Ruff's "65 different line combination's."

• Like (+1) 1

Well I just finished watching the game(on DVR delay) and apart from a few mistakes that ended up in the back of the net and Timmy still looking lost especially OT and the SO attempt that was a pretty well played game by Buffalo and especially Enroth.

So enough negative by me lately here's my happy thoughts

Thomas getting the SO goal might be enough to shake his slump, Ennis also getting a SO goal may help him start a litle point string and Hecht finally broke the drought as well. Now lets see if they can start to build on this hard fought victory here and string a few of these effrots together on a more regular basis.

That is one thing I noticed tonight. A lot of players over-pursue the puck but these guys under-pursue. They seem to sit and wait for it to come to them instead of attacking it. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Yeah I noticed that too again tonight. It especially appears anytime they press our players maybe thats the scouting report/tag on this team and why alot of teams are using that tactic on us. It sure has had a lot to do with the record we are currently sporting.

I think that has to be blamed on Lindy Ruff. He's always had problems with his offenses. He's always focused more on defense and now seems like when our players leave and we get replacements, they are always just worse. Not that i am going to beg on them for letting Clarke MacArthur go, but the way he's skating now in Toronto and last year in Atlanta, he never did here. He was more of a banger and seemed slow. But, turns out hes a really good open ice player. Still has problems with finishing, and that isn't Ruff's fault, but you get my point.

The offensive tactics that Ruff has up his sleeve, nobody buys into. Especially guys who have been under him for years or rentals....

And that, IMO, is why he must go.

Halle - freakin' - lujah.

Enroth looked a lot better tonight, although he has the biggest nose I can remember seeing on a Sabres goalie. We could be seeing more of him. In addition to the rumor thread on Miller, I'm pretty sure the HNIC guys said something about whispers that Miller will be out for a while.

Myers also looked better.

I'm very happy to get a W, but the Sabres still have major problems. I'm not 100% on this, and I certainly don't expect it to happen, but I'm starting to think that the Sabres literally might be better off waiving TC and Vanek than keeping them on the roster. They are both terrible. I also think that when the highest-paid forwards consistently mail it in, make dumb mistakes and disappear in crunch time, it infects the rest of the team.

Balls..... all I get is tormented..... Balls I say. :blush:

good God, have to get up a hour early to read you folks laughing your behinds off and thus be subjected to torment.... why Lord I ask...why.......

Believe me, Millsie, no one is laughing.

Not that i am going to beg on them for letting Clarke MacArthur go, but the way he's skating now in Toronto and last year in Atlanta, he never did here.

I have to disagree. His shooting % is up in Toronto (at an unsustainable 24%), but he is skating like he usually did at the start of the season and for stretches throughout. Clarke was always either going 100 MPH, buzzing around the rink, or just completely disappeared. His production in Atlanta was no different than here (actually, it was weighted more toward assists than goals) and having only played 21 games there, it's hard to say that he was more consistent there. Maybe, he'll finally put together a consistent season in Toronto, but that's the only part that would be surprising. The one knock that you could put on Lindy is that Clarke may have been taken off scoring lines to quickly, which might not happen in Toronto.

Balls..... all I get is tormented..... Balls I say. :blush:

good God, have to get up a hour early to read you folks laughing your behinds off and thus be subjected to torment.... why Lord I ask...why.......

No, No no, were just happy our token enemy troll is still alive and kicking and besides remember misery does love company and now we(sabres) are bottom dwellers like TO :nana: and feel your pain.

Halle - freakin' - lujah.

Enroth looked a lot better tonight, although he has the biggest nose I can remember seeing on a Sabres goalie. We could be seeing more of him. In addition to the rumor thread on Miller, I'm pretty sure the HNIC guys said something about whispers that Miller will be out for a while.

Myers also looked better.

I'm very happy to get a W, but the Sabres still have major problems. I'm not 100% on this, and I certainly don't expect it to happen, but I'm starting to think that the Sabres literally might be better off waiving TC and Vanek than keeping them on the roster. They are both terrible. I also think that when the highest-paid forwards consistently mail it in, make dumb mistakes and disappear in crunch time, it infects the rest of the team.

The only problem I have with that statement is that you didn't include Stafford. Dump all three and move the younger plasyers up faster