GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Seriously, Roy get down on your knees and glove it out.

Nice goal back by Roy, but still. The EFFORT is what it takes. Glove it out, goal doesn't happen for TO.

BTW, what happened to our team speed?? We look sooooooooooooo slow.

Vanek licks.

Another tidbit. Reiger told CBC that Ruff is going nowhere.

What a weak effort by Roy.

I don't know if it was as much weak as it was not-smart....use yoru glove and throw it out...tough for me to bust on the guy though, he has been about the best player on the team....not that, that is saying much.

question to you guys in here tonight; outside of Roy, is there anyone on this team that is at least playing consistent and/or decent? I don't know if I have seen enough games in entirety, or maybe I have, and nobody sticks out? Leopold? Really, I can't think of anyone else?!?

Roy to the rescue again. Vanek looks like a rookie. Skating around aimlessly.

Who would have thunk that we could have let him go for 4 picks. Damn, the one time Reiger steps up and keeps a guy, he ends up stinking. The Oilers are so lucky that we matched.

Not sure how many others caught Coach's Corner tonight, but even if you hate Don Cherry (I personally like him a lot) you have to respect how much he loves his country and how much time he dedicates to acknowledging those that have made the ultimate sacrifice - police, fire, and of course armed servies. He dedicated his entire segment tonight to Canadians in past and current wars in the name of the upcoming Canadian holiday (Rememberance Day I believe...)

He's the best. As a coach, that's the kind of guy you go to war for. For as flamboiant as his media persona is, he's a giant softie on the inside, but tough as nails and rock solid.

I don't know if it was as much weak as it was not-smart....use yoru glove and throw it out...tough for me to bust on the guy though, he has been about the best player on the team....not that, that is saying much.

question to you guys in here tonight; outside of Roy, is there anyone on this team that is at least playing consistent and/or decent? I don't know if I have seen enough games in entirety, or maybe I have, and nobody sticks out? Leopold? Really, I can't think of anyone else?!?

I would have to agree about Roy. He really is about the only guy that has shown any consistency this year. Leopold has been our best defenseman this year without a doubt. Darcy's other "big" moves, Niedermayer and Morrison should be sent packing back to where they came from. Niedermayer has done nothing his entire career except be the brother of a future hall of famer. horrible free agent pickup...

BTW, I don't hear a whole lot of noise from the Toronto crowd. Maybe it's all Buffalo folks who are in town for the doubleheader with the Bills tomorrow, though. Or maybe the Toronto folks ton't care. Or maybe, just maybe, the Buffalo crowd wasn't as bad as folks said (although it's justifiably quiet at the hisbitch now).

BTW, I don't hear a whole lot of noise from the Toronto crowd. Maybe it's all Buffalo folks who are in town for the doubleheader with the Bills tomorrow, though. Or maybe the Toronto folks ton't care. Or maybe, just maybe, the Buffalo crowd wasn't as bad as folks said (although it's justifiably quiet at the hisbitch now).

I think watching the Sabres bores the away crowd into silence just like it does to the home crowd.

Pretty loud Go Leafs Go before the commercial break