GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

For the first time in 20 years, I'm choosing not to watch.

Join the club.

The stinker on home ice against the Rags this year pushed me over the edge.

Once they failed to show up for game 2 of the season, I knew it would be a long year :bag:

At this point, I think it would take Darcy getting the boot in order for me to watch another game, I simply cannot bring myself to spend time and money on a franchise where he's in charge.

I'll tell ya, I'm not missing my MSG broadcasts at all right now. I was rather angry at the start of the season when I heard that MSG and Dish Network were having a pissing match. But right now I just don't care. I am pefectly content to have a stream running in a minimized window.

I am looking forward to seeing the Leafs play tonight.

Just anther interesting tidbit from this morning's standings, the Islanders have played 13 games, are on a six games losing skid and still are ahead of the Sabres with a game in hand.

The Leafs? currently four points ahead of the Sabres with two games in hand.

The Bruins are six points ahead of the Sabres with four games in hand.

It may be early but that hole the Sabres have dug is pretty deep.

I am looking forward to seeing the Leafs play tonight.

Just anther interesting tidbit from this morning's standings, the Islanders have played 13 games, are on a six games losing skid and still are ahead of the Sabres with a game in hand.

BUT YOU MUST BE PATIENT !!!!

:rolleyes:

Playoffs are rapidly becoming a pipedream. At this point I don't know if I want them in the playoffs. It would only legitimize the line of crap Darcy has been feeding us.

BUT YOU MUST BE PATIENT !!!!

:rolleyes:

Playoffs are rapidly becoming a pipedream. At this point I don't know if I want them in the playoffs. It would only legitimize the line of crap Darcy has been feeding us.

If they turn this around then it wouldn't be crap. I don't believe they will but just saying.....

at least i'll always have my connolly jersey

He did win 59% of his faceoffs last night.

For some bizarre reason, in Hamilton's Connolly rant after the game, he said Connolly lost the draw on Montreal's second goal. Then Koziol repeated the assertion a few minutes later.

at least i'll always have my connolly jersey

It's sad, but if I do end up getting a new jersey this year, then the leading candidate is McCormick. Of course, my current home jersey is a Mair one. I have a soft spot for players who actually care, which means I usually have to look at the bottom of the roster.

I am looking forward to seeing the Leafs play tonight. Just anther interesting tidbit from this morning's standings, the Islanders have played 13 games, are on a six games losing skid and still are ahead of the Sabres with a game in hand.

That will be my main reason for watching. I really like Burkes style, honesty and formula for putting together a team and it's cool to see how that plays out on the ice and wishful think the Sabres had a clue.

The other thing I am watching for tonight is just how stubborn Regier and Ruff are going to continue to be with playing Timmay. The comment that caught my ear/eye from Regier and/or Ruff was about the booing of Timmy in the Boston game. The response " Just makes you want to support the player more ...". They are smarter than us average fans and they can turn lead into gold I'm just not patient enough :wallbash:

He did win 59% of his faceoffs last night.

For some bizarre reason, in Hamilton's Connolly rant after the game, he said Connolly lost the draw on Montreal's second goal. Then Koziol repeated the assertion a few minutes later.

But he continues to hand the puck directly to the opposition? He's having brain farts on a regular basis and its costing us. Something isn't right.

I think there should be an on going thread on the most prevalent excuse for each game - I'll start it tonight with "hey they have lost 4 in a row and were the more desperate team, they just wanted it more."

Good one.

I'm kinda partial to "second game of a back-to-back, some guys out there with no legs".