GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Dammit. I missed the Stafford penalty and both goals while I was rebooting my router.

What was the deal with the Stafford penalty?

Subban went low on Vanek (hey now) with a hip check, so Drew cross checked him in the back of the head.

Wow. There are a lot of Habs fans there tonight. Dirty Frogophones.

I can hear 'em. Nothing wrong with the mics, my TV or my hearing.

Great period. Almost. Let down a hair after scoring.

Wonderful moment when all that energy finally produced a goal.

Let's see two more periods just like it, without the Montreal response, of course. This team's history under Ruff says they can't do it again, let alone twice.

I'll take that Stafford penalty every night. Even if the Habs score I want the Sabres to take that penalty every time.

Not trying to take away from one of the only good things Stafford has done all year, but really? You want the Sabres to jump people everytime someone lays a clean hit on Vanek? If it's a dirty hit, then sure, I expect a response from somebody and what Stafford did is good... or maybe even if it's on Roy, someone who has actually produced, then maybe you try to protect him. But IDK about giving up powerplays everytime someone cleanly checks a mostly invisible player.

I'm okay with Stafford doing it this time but seriously, I've seen other hits this year (not just Hjarlmarsson) that are a lot more questionable than that hip check... the hit on Vanek was as clean as they come. Great hit. No reason to give them a powerplay and potentially kill all the momentum they had up to that point.

Fortunately it didn't hurt us too bad. I want to see emotion from this team too. I want to see them stick up for each otehr. I just think they need to pick their spots a little better.