GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Spoken like someone who has never played hockey before WTF are you talking about? They brought a kid up to the NHL who isn't strong enough to saucer a pass? It doesn't take any more strength to saucer a pass than it does to knuckle one. His passes to Grier and vanek tonite looked just fine. If you don't like him just say so, but don't just make ###### up!

You're talking about a guy who likes Connolly and is most likely high.

Yeah, I am getting really tired of all those scoring chances he generates.

That's his game, he will over handle the puck several times a game, but he's no max. He moves the puck and has much better vision than max did even before the concussion. He set up our first goal on a perfect pass, set up vanek perfectly, and had a great break away. He battles hard in the corners and actually wins some despite weighing a buck thirty. What more do you want out of the kid besides a real hockey number?

He had a great game, no doubt, and he's a great player, no doubt,... it's not enough.

He had a great game, no doubt, and he's a great player, no doubt,... it's not enough.

Don't forget that they ran briere out of Phoenix before he finally found his game. This kid is light years ahead of where briere was at this point in his career. Imagine what he could do on a real team!

Spoken like someone who has never played hockey before WTF are you talking about? They brought a kid up to the NHL who isn't strong enough to saucer a pass? It doesn't take any more strength to saucer a pass than it does to knuckle one. His passes to Grier and vanek tonite looked just fine. If you don't like him just say so, but don't just make ###### up!

I do like him. I have high hopes for him. I've even praised him several times as my likely choice for rookie of the year. But if you haven't noticed that every shot he takes is slower than the slug he wore last year and that every long pass he makes is incredibly sloppy then you're not watching him under the same microscope I am.

And although I haven't played competitive ice hockey (my highschool was way too small to have a team), I've played pickup/pond hockey and roller hockey my whole life. I think you misunderstood my statement, because it obviously takes more strength to make a hard, crisp, SMOOTH pass than it does to just float a puck 8 ft in the air and hope it lands flat.

I do like him. I have high hopes for him. I've even praised him several times as my likely choice for rookie of the year. But if you haven't noticed that every shot he takes is slower than the slug he wore last year and that every long pass he makes is incredibly sloppy then you're not watching him under the same microscope I am.

And although I haven't played competitive ice hockey (my highschool was way too small to have a team), I've played pickup/pond hockey and roller hockey my whole life. I think you misunderstood my statement, because it obviously takes more strength to make a hard, crisp, SMOOTH pass than it does to just float a puck 8 ft in the air and hope it lands flat.

physics says his shot likely won't be as hard as someone 6'2" and210 lbs, but I have seen nothing to suggest it's not NHL quality. I'm surprised you're not seeing trails!

And you are wrong about passes on several counts. First, no one passes the puck 8' in the air. Second, it takes more strength to fire a puck down the ice 8' in the air than it does to slide a crisp pass along the ice. Try it sometime.

physics says his shot likely won't be as hard as someone 6'2" and210 lbs, but I have seen nothing to suggest it's not NHL quality. I'm surprised you're not seeing trails!

And you are wrong about passes on several counts. First, no one passes the puck 8' in the air. Second, it takes more strength to fire a puck down the ice 8' in the air than it does to slide a crisp pass along the ice. Try it sometime.

8' was an exaggeration, but I've seen Ennis throw it at least 5 or 6 feet in the air to get it across the zone. Care to guess what happens when it hits the ice? It bounces in a random direction over his team mates stick. It's a stupid pass.

As for the strength thing, maybe if we're talking "down the ice" distances, like 100 feet or more, then it's harder to lift it. But I'm even smaller than Ennis is and I can make the long lob passes he has tried rather easily (distance wise). I put a lot more on it when I'm making a long pass or even just trying to take a low shot.

Either way it's a pointless argument. Ennis has been decent, but he's had his share of mistakes as well. His shot on the breakaway was bad. Most of his shots look really slow.

Even better than that? The Sabres are tied with the Oilers for dead last in the NHL with 8 points. The Oilers have four games in hand on the Sabres.

awesome! These guys are all overachievers. Vanek should be in EDM as well. At least we'd be enjoying 4 years of 1st round picks.

At the game last night.

Grier: awesome

Nieds: best game yet.

Rivet: that penalty was bull. He was simple fighting the guy for position they leaned on each other.

Stafford: Nice going after Suban. It appeared to me like Suban stuck his leg out and it was more of a knee on knee type hit. I was on the other side of the ice from the cameras. His injury must be a shoulder. He was taken into the boards in the offesive zone about the 16 min mark of the second, never to return.

Vanek: He's gotta bury his chances, 4 or 5 last night.

Shakira: Looked great, no way he sits for Butler or Weber. Looks like Myers did last year taking the puck up ice.

LaLime: I didn't think he was bad, made some nice glove saves.

Connolly: get the ###### off my team!

They won battles tonight, played much better than they have, a small step forward.