GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

4. After Connolly's debacle against Boston, he is a lot closer to the door. I watched the post game interview last night, and I think he knows it, too. If nothing else, he will play the best he knows how. He got to hear that his coach has thought about benching him.

I think he should go back to his natural position of LTIR.

Listening to Darcy talk is like watching Usain Bolt run backwards.

For those who didn't hear the interview on GR, Darcy said trades are "one small aspect" of his job. He said he refused to give up any of his assets, and that's what would have to happen in a trade -- no ######, Darcy. A trade wouldn't turn the team around, he said.

Mike asked Darcy if Lindy would be the coach as long as he's the GM, but he wouldn't answer it. To his credit, Bulldog pressed the question. Darcy said "pressures" from ownership could come into play. I'd say he gave Lindy a tepid endorsement by saying the two would continue to work through the crisis like they've done in the past.

For those who didn't hear the interview on GR, Darcy said trades are "one small aspect" of his job. He said he refused to give up any of his assets, and that's what would have to happen in a trade -- no ######, Darcy. A trade wouldn't turn the team around, he said.

You just can't make up this kind of stuff. It does really show where he is coming from which I respect his resolve but calling some of these players assets is like me calling you nice.