GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Good on Ruff. People obviously voice their opinions on him one way or the other but since they've been in this slide he's shouldered critisim and now goes on record as saying they WILL make the playoffs. Before everyone starts throwing out the 'I want to see it to believe it' talk, let's give it a couple of more weeks before we completely throw him under the bus. Remember, the Tin man is UFA after this year and isn't Stafford's contract up after this season as well? I also believe that Rivet's is over. This team can be significantly reworked next offseason if desired. I stand by the belief that some players are just lazy and it won't matter what coach they have. I'm not willing to give Ruff a complete free pass and if things continue down this path then I say get some new coaching blood in here but with 70 games to go, I'm STILL willing to give Ruff the benefit of the doubt.

Good on Ruff. People obviously voice their opinions on him one way or the other but since they've been in this slide he's shouldered critisim and now goes on record as saying they WILL make the playoffs. Before everyone starts throwing out the 'I want to see it to believe it' talk, let's give it a couple of more weeks before we completely throw him under the bus. Remember, the Tin man is UFA after this year and isn't Stafford's contract up after this season as well? I also believe that Rivet's is over. This team can be significantly reworked next offseason if desired. I stand by the belief that some players are just lazy and it won't matter what coach they have. I'm not willing to give Ruff a complete free pass and if things continue down this path then I say get some new coaching blood in here but with 70 games to go, I'm STILL willing to give Ruff the benefit of the doubt.

Next offseason, eh?

Want to hear a bigger load of crap than what Lindy spewed?

John Vogl writes, "The NHL's worst team gets another chance to end its slump and conquer its home futility tonight when it hosts the Montreal Canadiens."

How does a win tonight end a slump that began last January? How does a win end home futility that goes back years?

John Vogl writes, "The NHL's worst team gets another chance to end its slump and conquer its home futility tonight when it hosts the Montreal Canadiens."

How does a win tonight end a slump that began last January? How does a win end home futility that goes back years?

Exactly! Thats my worry,they win a couple and everythings peachy, No need for improvement on this team. We're just fine.

In the last calender year the team is under .500

Playoffs ?

Friday night, dvr will be working, turn on the game about 9 after a nice meal, and at first sign of adversity for Buffalo will start fast forwarding thru the game..so should be about 9.10 when that happens.I really would like to see Tiny Tim sitting this one out,might actually get me to watch the game in real speed.

Okay how many shorties we give up tonight ? I say 0 but there will be breakdowns and chances going against, lalime will just stand tall tonight to keep them out.

Buffalo will look like they are trying and keep it close and lose in OT when they take penalty and give Montreal a 4 on 3. Score doesn't matter just another close loss.

Keep the futility going maybe then DR can be shown the door. Go Habs.

Okay how many shorties we give up tonight ? I say 0 but there will be breakdowns and chances going against, lalime will just stand tall tonight to keep them out.

Buffalo will look like they are trying and keep it close and lose in OT when they take penalty and give Montreal a 4 on 3. Score doesn't matter just another close loss.

Is Miller already ruled out for tonight? Damn....

Friday night, dvr will be working, turn on the game about 9 after a nice meal, and at first sign of adversity for Buffalo will start fast forwarding thru the game..so should be about 9.10 when that happens.I really would like to see Tiny Tim sitting this one out,might actually get me to watch the game in real speed.

I'm going to the gym after work. I used to rush through everything there on a game night, but today I'm going to take my time. If I miss most of the game because of that, no big loss.

4 reasons for optimism:

1. The first and fourth goals by Boston never should have gone in. The fifth was an empty netter.

2. The sabres scored 2 goals on the hottest goalie on the planet.

3. I sensed real desperation on the ice. It didn't pay off, but they are really trying.

4. After Connolly's debacle against Boston, he is a lot closer to the door. I watched the post game interview last night, and I think he knows it, too. If nothing else, he will play the best he knows how. He got to hear that his coach has thought about benching him.

Sabres get off the Schnide tonight. An offensive explosion chases Price in the second. Roy nets a hat trick. Sabres win big, 7-2.

I'm going to the gym after work. I used to rush through everything there on a game night, but today I'm going to take my time. If I miss most of the game because of that, no big loss.

Today is my wife's birthday. No game for me. Maybe my Blood pressure will go down.

4 reasons for optimism:

1. The first and fourh goals by Boston never should have gone in. The fifth was an empty netter.

3. I sensed real desperation on the ice. It didn't pay off, but they are really trying.

4. After connolly's debacle against Boston, he is a lot closer to the door. I watched the post game interview last night, and I think he knows it, too. If nothing else, he will play the best he knows how. He got to hear that his coach has thought about benching him.

Sabres get off the Schnide tonight. An offensive explosion chases Price in the second. Roy nets a hat trick. Sabres win big, 7-2.

4 reasons for optimism:

1. The first and fourh goals by Boston never should have gone in. The fifth was an empty netter.

4. After connolly's debacle against Boston, he is a lot closer to the door. I watched the post game interview last night, and I think he knows it, too. If nothing else, he will play the best he knows how. He got to hear that his coach has thought about benching him.

Wow, and I thought I was the eternal Sabre optimist.

We stink. Plain and simple. I'm sorry I bought center ice to witness the atrocity better known as the buffalo sabres.

The only ones I'm more sorry for, are all you poor bastards who spent much more money than me buying

Season tickets.

The cameras from MSG panned the crowd at 1st

Intermission of bruins game....looked like a funeral there.

As much as it pains me to say it, Im dangerously close to this line. This could very well be my outlook until something changes. I already threw my hands in the air after the summer of inactivity, back-tracking, and excuses.

We stink. Plain and simple. I'm sorry I bought center ice to witness the atrocity better known as the buffalo sabres.

The only ones I'm more sorry for, are all you poor bastards who spent much more money than me buying

Season tickets.

The cameras from MSG panned the crowd at 1st

Intermission of bruins game....looked like a funeral there.

There is never anyone in the stands during intermission - they are all getting more beer to drown their sorrows.