Modano: Players' resolve has a limit

Swedesessed

Modano's Comments

Modano: Players' resolve has a limit

TSN.ca Staff

1/12/2005

According to a report in the National Post, Dallas Stars centre Mike Modano feels the resolve of the players may not last through a lost season and the solidarity of the NHL Players' Association will be in shambles.

''It's going to be tough to come back in October and say that we're going to stay tough and stand firm. You're going to have guys who are saying, 'What are we doing?' '' Modano told the National Post. ''You're going to have guys chomping at the bit to get a deal done.''

Modano went on to tell the Post that if the lockout isn't resolved by the scheduled start of next season, players will be desperate to start earning NHL-level salaries again.

''I think it has come to the point now where the owners are willing to sacrifice a year or two to fix the game for 10 or 15 years down the road,'' Modano told the Post. ''There are guys who are missing out on the prime earnings of their careers. You feel for the guys who did the same for you in 1994.''

• 4 weeks later...

Yea i figure its only a matter of time until they crack... i mean really who can live off 10,000 dollars a month :rolleyes: and besides... its not like the union vaults are bottemless pits... the biggest losers in this eqaution are the players... well besides the fans anyway.

Im hopeing for replacment players or a threat of replacement players. Thus further scaring the players union and then rubbing it in there face that, yes... there still just employees of a company and, no... they can't do whatever they want...

Archived