Game Discussion Thread

deluca67

Does that mean since '02-'03? I haven't found a definite answer on the web, and I have looked.

Didn't Quinn do Golisano's bidding when he bought the team?

Maybe that lengthy profile on Quinn would provide a little more background. I am blanking out on what publication ran it -- maybe Buffalo Business Journal?

That's the publication, but the article doesn't meaningfully address anything. (That's normal, for that paper, btw.) I want to know Quinn's start date (with TG), which shouldn't be a mystery but yet seems to be, and his duties (which, if I were TG, I would keep as a mystery--unless LQ's official duties include ###### up a hockey team).

That's the publication, but the article doesn't meaningfully address anything. (That's normal, for that paper, btw.) I want to know Quinn's start date (with TG), which shouldn't be a mystery but yet seems to be, and his duties (which, if I were TG, I would keep as a mystery--unless LQ's official duties include ###### up a hockey team).

Quinn has always been the managing partner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5dQA4xbOHg

Seriously, a scan of the News archive shows the first reference to Quinn as managing partner thusly:

QUINN'S BACK, AND HE'S TAKING CHARGE

Published on April 29, 2003 JERRY SULLIVAN

It was a little chilling, though hardly surprising, to pick up the Sports section Sunday and read that Larry Quinn -- in one of his first moves as the Sabres'managing partner -- had pushed an administrative assistant coach out the door without bothering to inform his coach, Lindy Ruff. Jeff Holbrook worked in the organization for 11 years, first in public relations and then in the hockey department. He worked behind the scenes, breaking down video and helping the coaches

Seriously, a scan of the News archive shows the first reference to Quinn as managing partner thusly:

QUINN'S BACK, AND HE'S TAKING CHARGE

Published on April 29, 2003 JERRY SULLIVAN

It was a little chilling, though hardly surprising, to pick up the Sports section Sunday and read that Larry Quinn -- in one of his first moves as the Sabres'managing partner -- had pushed an administrative assistant coach out the door without bothering to inform his coach, Lindy Ruff. Jeff Holbrook worked in the organization for 11 years, first in public relations and then in the hockey department. He worked behind the scenes, breaking down video and helping the coaches

Thanks. That snippet does two things: it somewhat fixes the second reign of Quinn in time, and it also shows his megalomania. His first act was to fire a behind-the-scenes guy, huh?

Anyway. Thanks.

So Regier has been able to make ONE great trade since LQ rejoined the team. But he made a few great ones before that.

I want Quinn gone now.

I want Quinn gone now.

I want Quinn gone now.

I want Quinn gone now.

I want Quinn gone now.

(That's one for each syllable in the "Let's Go, Buffalo" chant.)