The Walking Dead

deluca67

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spoiler alert ! If you still watch move along.

Well the mid season finale was a convoluted mess. Hard to understand what group was where and who was fighting who. 

And Karl got bit. On the torso so they won't be amputating anything in a vain attempt to save him. He's done but the creators on talking dead say he has a big role in the opener mid season that affects the group in a big way. I think he'll sacrifice himself to kill Negan.

Spoiler alert ! If you still watch move along.

Well the mid season finale was a convoluted mess. Hard to understand what group was where and who was fighting who. 

And Karl got bit. On the torso so they won't be amputating anything in a vain attempt to save him. He's done but the creators on talking dead say he has a big role in the opener mid season that affects the group in a big way. I think he'll sacrifice himself to kill Negan.

I'm glad he got bit. I've been bored with his character for several seasons. It'll never happen, but I'd love for them to turn him into a zombie pet like the fat friend in Shaun of the Dead.

I don't think they'll kill Negan though. At least they better not. He's the only funny character left in the show after they killed off Merle and Abraham. Killing Negan would probably sink their ratings even lower.

• 2 months later...

I didn't even think bodies could be processed down into that smooth of a paste. Surely there would be bones and limbs sticking out?!

Thougth that to, didn't really think it was needed to show it though.   Just let them drop, don't show the result jesus :p

I used to love this show but it is just taking a nosedive now. I have no idea who is writing this show now but it can't be the same people that wrote season 3, 4.  Too much like a comic now with really bad dialogue. Lots of visceral special effects, but so thin on an actual interesting storyline. They should end it.

Edited by PerreaultForever

I used to love this show but it is just taking a nosedive now. I have no idea who is writing this show now but it can't be the same people that wrote season 3, 4. Too much like a comic now with really bad dialogue. Lots of visceral special effects, but so thin on an actual interesting storyline. They should end it.

I usually fast forward through half the episodes now. Just too much sobby yapping.

I used to love this show but it is just taking a nosedive now. I have no idea who is writing this show now but it can't be the same people that wrote season 3, 4.  Too much like a comic now with really bad dialogue. Lots of visceral special effects, but so thin on an actual interesting storyline. They should end it.

I've heard Fear of the Walking Dead is far closer to how the original Walking Dead was, with the zombies actually being a danger and main characters not being "invincible".

The Walking Dead seems to have believed in its own hype and now has transformed into a soap opera/war storyline and the zombie element is an afterthought. When was the last time the walkers created a legitimate danger scenario? Twice in the last episode Rick and Michonne took on 30+ walkers without a second thought and survived without a scratch.

• 7 months later...

Tonight is the final epdisode for Rick Grimes. Used to be a big fan of the show.  Wouldn’t miss an episode.  But the show became less and less about the zombies.  Became wash, rinse and repeat w/ story lines.  Loss interests in The Walking Dead.  But tonight Rick Grimes’ story will come to an end.  It’ll be worth watching to find out how and why.  I’m sure it’ll have the highest ratings in who knows how long.  After tonight though, The Walking Dead is well...the walking dead.  

Edited by GoPre

17 minutes ago, GoPre said:

Tonight is the final epdisode for Rick Grimes. Used to be a big fan of the show.  Wouldn’t miss an episode.  But the show became less and less about the zombies.  Became wash, rinse and repeat w/ story lines.  Loss interests in The Walking Dead.  But tonight Rick Grimes’ story will come to an end.  It’ll be worth watching to find out how and why.  I’m sure it’ll have the highest ratings in who knows how long.  After tonight though, The Walking Dead is well...the walking dead.  

I stopped watching midway through last season. Used to absolutely love the show. Now it's dead to me - they made so many stupid show decisions and made it so the zombies posed literally zero risk

21 hours ago, GoPre said:

Well if you want the zombies to be a threat, you may have to stick with it a little longer because that's exactly where it's going.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.