The Walking Dead

deluca67

After watching those shows like Life After People on NGC and stuff, looks like it would be hard to avoid the other catastrophes as a result of the end of the world, let alone zombies. Like about 10 days after people disappear, without anyone to tend the nuclear reactors of the world, apparently, they would melt down spewing radioactive material in the air and all over. Zombies are easier to avoid than radiation sickness from everything that's covered in it. Sounds like a worse way to go.

• 8 months later...

http://news.yahoo.com/amc-track-hell-wheels-walking-dead-162603736.html

NEW YORK (AP) — As every fan of "The Walking Dead" is well aware, this zombie-apocalypse drama will return for its much-awaited second season on Oct. 16. But AMC is announcing news that should bring delighted chills to any "Dead" devotee.

For starters, the season premiere won't be just an hour, but 90 creepy minutes.

"Remember, the whole reason hunting licenses exist is to limit the number of animals you're allowed to kill, because if you just declared free reign for everybody with a gun, everything in the forest would be dead by sundown. Even the trees would be mounted proudly above the late-arriving hunter's mantles. It's safe to assume that when the game changes from "three deer" to "all the rotting dead people trying to eat us," there will be no shortage of volunteers.

Read more: 7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly) | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly_p7.html#ixzz1WjfTw461"

OMG HILARIOUS!!!! winning.

Which brings me to my next point: Anyone ever play Nazi Zombies on Call Of Duty... that game is addictive

• 1 month later...

Damn you all...

I was going along blissfully unaware of this. Now I have completed the season 1 marathon and the season two premiere... I'm hooked. That's all I need is to get hooked on another series.

This one is beyond twisted. You people are sick...

:death: :death: :death: :death: :death: :death: :death: :death: :death: :death:

They seem appropriate....

Aside from the twist ending ... I thought the season premiere was pretty boring. Not much going on. Usually season premieres and season finales are huge plot changing (or plot setting) episodes. This one felt kinda hum-drum like a mid-season episode to me.

I'll keep watching though :-D.

Aside from the twist ending ... I thought the season premiere was pretty boring. Not much going on. Usually season premieres and season finales are huge plot changing (or plot setting) episodes. This one felt kinda hum-drum like a mid-season episode to me.

I'll keep watching though :-D.

+1. Seemed slow at times but maybe I was just expecting the same kind of drama as the opening last year.

Interesting... I saw shades of Stephen King's "Cell" in there. Either King got inspiration from the Walking Dead print series for his book "Cell" (about the Phone Crazies flocking behavior) or the Walking Dead writers got inspiration from King in giving the Zombis some "flocking" characteristics displayed in the highway scene last night. Not sure if this will be a kind of re-occuring or growing theme in the series (I did not read the Walking Dead books b/c I want to be surprised about how everything turns out).

I thought the show was good. With the missing girl and the fallen boy and the different faction ready to split off from the group I think episode two is set up to be pretty cool. My thoughts on this are the girl will be found with the group of 'humans' that shot the buck/boy. Maybe the a$$ that had to cut off his hand in the first season leads the second group of 'humans' that may or may not materialize in episode two? And obviously I've never read these books either. I like the suspense.

I thought the show was good. With the missing girl and the fallen boy and the different faction ready to split off from the group I think episode two is set up to be pretty cool. My thoughts on this are the girl will be found with the group of 'humans' that shot the buck/boy. Maybe the a$$ that had to cut off his hand in the first season leads the second group of 'humans' that may or may not materialize in episode two? And obviously I've never read these books either. I like the suspense.

Ahh.. good call. I had completely forgotten about the assholde who cut off his hand to get out of the cuffs. I agree with your "guesses"... let's see :-).

I really hope Meryl Dixon returns this year. Michael Rucker owns every scene his in. Daryl Dixon is becoming the single most awesome character on TV.

The premier had its ups (the zombie herd was unreal), and downs (TWO Jesus confessionals...really?). Overall though, I am still invested in this show. I can't wait til next week!

Even though the actual kill wasn't too special, the Zombie autopsy was pretty crazy.

I'd have to agree. I found Rick's expressions to be amusing the whole time Daryl was cutting away.

Overall I liked the premiere. I was on the edge of my seat when the herd was going through, as I thought that was a really cool scene. I also like the character development and evolution that's been taking place.

I can't wait for next weeks show!

I really hope Meryl Dixon returns this year. Michael Rucker owns every scene his in. Daryl Dixon is becoming the single most awesome character on TV.

The premier had its ups (the zombie herd was unreal), and downs (TWO Jesus confessionals...really?). Overall though, I am still invested in this show. I can't wait til next week!

Running from zombies constantly is going to get old. You can only splatter so many brains before it becomes routine. They are going to have to keep losing people to keep the show rolling.

Running from zombies constantly is going to get old. You can only splatter so many brains before it becomes routine. They are going to have to keep losing people to keep the show rolling.

That was always my big question with shows like "Walking Dead", and "American Horror Story." How can they sustain the pace of the pilots. So far both shows are doing fine. But like you said, brain splattering (even though it is awesome) eventually becomes routine. Really interested to see how they develop the characters, because in the end, the conflicts between the characters will make or break either show.

My DVR is filling up pretty quick with TWD, AHS, and SOA.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.