Is Miller getting beat up high because...

LabattBlue

1.he is going down to early

2.he is playing too deep in the nets

3.perfect shots

4.all of the above

It's probably #4, but I think some of these goals can be prevented by coming out from the net just a little bit more. A butterfly goalie goes down for almost all shots. That's just the way they play. Also to be factored in is how the Sabres went from being loosey goosey for 5 periods and then all of a sudden, they give up 1 shot in the 3rd period on the road to a team trying to catch them.

What I am trying to say....Miller will be fine. ;)

The funny thing is that if Miller had been in net in the 3rd, that one shot probably would've gone in.

He needs a few days off where he can work with the goalie coach and fix his problems. Luckily we have the luxury of falling back on a very good goalie to carry the load for a game or two.

Is there a chance that, having had the splash of cold water on his face in Philly to wake him up, Miller is given the nod today by Ruff? There's some pressure on Miller now, maybe feeling the heat a little, so why not see what he's made of? A nice game and nip this thing in the bud, or is it butt, I never got that expression. :)

Is there a chance that, having had the splash of cold water on his face in Philly to wake him up, Miller is given the nod today by Ruff? There's some pressure on Miller now, maybe feeling the heat a little, so why not see what he's made of? A nice game and nip this thing in the bud, or is it butt, I never got that expression. :)

No, I think Ruff likes making goalies sit and get pissed off so when the do get a taste of the ice again they will do anything to keep playing

I think Marty plays today even if the Sabres win 3-2 the last two games.

I would much rather see Miller struggle a bit now with plenty of time to adjust then to see it later in the year. The Sabres are a solid #4 in the East. The top spot would be a stunner but I would be happy with #4. No matter where they finish. I think the Sabres are the team nobody wants to play.

Now that the Boston game is over and done with (and Marty played well) I do think that Ruff was correct in giving Miller some time off...in fact I think that Marty might have earned himself another start vs. Washington on Tuesday night. The Sabres have nothing to lose...let Marty play and get some action.

Miller will be well rested for Ottawa and Toronto. Plus, if his confidence isn't a little shaky after letting in 10 goals in 2 games, what will happen to his confidence if he gets lit up for a third game in a row, this time vs one of the worst teams in the league?

DeLuca, I agree with you when it comes to seeding. Yes, a Division title would be great...so we'd at least be assured of having a banner to hang in the rafters to remember this season, but if it doesn't happen I'm fine with the 4 seed. I think by the time the second season rolls around the Sabres will either be once again ignored by national media, or become the niche pick.

I think I'd almost rather have them be ignored again...

Archived