GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

What does dollars to doughtnuts mean anyway?

So you're stooping to this -- basically calling me a liar?

Certainly someone else heard it. I think I got it almost word for word. He said they were afraid to wave off a goal in a 1-1 game in this building, afraid they wouldn't get out of here alive if they did.

Eff you.

Fine.

Argh, was listening just fine with the WGR app and right at the beginning of intermission it went wonky and now I can't get it to load. F.

That app crashes constantly--- I don't know if you shut it all the way down or not but that's usually the only way to get it going again.

That app crashes constantly--- I don't know if you shut it all the way down or not but that's usually the only way to get it going again.

I did, normally that works for me too but I even tried shutting down my iPod and it still won't work... the app loads but when I click play it kicks me back out. :censored:

What an idiot. It couldn't possibly be because it was a legitimate goal, could it? No way. Sabres always getting the short end of the stick...

It couldn't be that it was a lazy play by your boy Connolly? ;)

Is it 4:20 yet? :ph34r:

Oh. You betcha.

I did, normally that works for me too but I even tried shutting down my iPod and it still won't work... the app loads but when I click play it kicks me back out. :censored:

That figures--- suffice it to say, you're not missing all that much. :death:

True.

You might be onto something. The Sabres penalty killing in the playoffs hasn't been very good since the runs of 98 and 99.

Yes! Another strike, totally unexpected in my mind, against Ruff!

He is a strike against Ruff? How is it good coaching putting Rivet back in the lineup. Is far and away the worst defenseman on the team and possibly in the organization. What a message it sends to the team. You play a nice game and run NJ out of the building and the defense plays pretty well. They get rewarded by being saddled with Rivet? What a great message to send to the young defensemen on the roster. It doesn't matter how well you play we are going to stick this piece of garbage out there whenever possible.

He is a strike against Ruff? How is it good coaching putting Rivet back in the lineup. Is far and away the worst defenseman on the team and possibly in the organization. What a message it sends to the team. You play a nice game and run NJ out of the building and the defense plays pretty well. They get rewarded by being saddled with Rivet? What a great message to send to the young defensemen on the roster. It doesn't matter how well you play we are going to stick this piece of garbage out there whenever possible.

Great rant, but it has nothing to do with what I wrote!

As terrible as we played, I'm not sure I've seen such terrible officiating this season. The "high sticking" call was the best - Butler didn't even hit him with his stick. If anything it was boarding or interference against the Flyers. Obviously an invented call. Then they realize they goofed and the changed it to "roughing". And then Briere is whacking away and Rivet whacks him - and they call Rivet.

I like Rivet. Great attitude, and I like it when the players vote up the "C."

And he still needs to sit until there's an injury. Sux to say it, but he does. The game has passed him.

Rivet is our highest paid defenseman. What the hell was Darcy thinking?!

It couldn't be that it was a lazy play by your boy Connolly? ;)

Is it 4:20 yet? :ph34r:

Oh. You betcha.

It was a bad play by Connolly, but that doesn't make it any more or less legitimate. Why would the refs waive it off? Philadelphia's famed reputation of having brutal fans is overrated anyway, but I can assure you that goal counting had nothing to do with the refs being scared for their lives lol